bach 1001 series?

grafemberg

bach 1001 series?

Post by grafemberg »

hi everybody, I was searching online for a straight large bore (but not too expensive) I ran into this "Bach 1001 series usa" for sale on more than one website. I could not find anything about such a model by Bach... I'm new in this world and don't know very much about trombones. what do you think about it? what about year of production, bore etc?
than you for the help

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trombone-Bach- ... 3101952170
Posaunus

Re: bach 1001 series?

Post by Posaunus »

It may say "BACH" on the bell, but this instrument is not made by / connected with Vincent Bach / Conn-Selmer USA. I would guess it's of China (or perhaps India) origin. Note "May not ship to United States." Because it would infringe the Vincent Bach trademark, I presume. This is reminiscent of the craze in the mid-19th century to label inexpensive violins made in Germany as "Stradivarius."
grafemberg

Post by grafemberg »

LOL..
well this is exactly why I did this post here.

thank you very much Pousanus.
ithinknot

Post by ithinknot »

Posaunus wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:23 pm This is reminiscent of the craze in the mid-19th century to label inexpensive violins made in Germany as "Stradivarius."
...as very much opposed to the craze in the mid-1920s to label expensive brass instruments made in New York as "Stradivarius" :pant:

[to the OP: don't buy this!]
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL »

Back in the 1960s Bach made a student model labelled 1001. The one for sale is quite different as has been said.

Chris
grafemberg

Post by grafemberg »

thank you again. thay was a scam :(

I m opening another thread to have advices on what instrument is best to do what I do (balkan band)
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Does your Balkan Band do a lot of dancing? If so I'd recommend something that is pretty durable. For this a solid student model like an Olds Ambassador might be a good idea. For a more modern instrument consider a Yamaha 354.

Most of the Balkan Band stuff I've heard generally needs a small bore sound. Again, a good student model might work well. Chat Member Jacob Garchik plays in a Balkan ensemble. Maybe you can contact him for some suggestions.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
grafemberg

Post by grafemberg »

thank yoi BGuttman, I 'm answering you on the new thread :)

Return to “Instruments”