1970s Bach Strad Model 50 bass trombone

Tbarh

Re: 1970s Bach Strad Model 50 bass trombone

Post by Tbarh »

If the wrap itself is so much less important than the Valves itself, Why does not makers wrap more tubing towards the neckpipeside of the bell section... This would mean most of the weight would be carried by the spine rather than the left shoulder..? I guess that this would do wonders for not only Your body but would improve ease of execution Too...
dbwhitaker

Post by dbwhitaker »

Tbarh wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:06 am If the wrap itself is so much less important than the Valves itself, Why does not makers wrap more tubing towards the neckpipeside of the bell section...
That side is where your head and neck are, isn't it? The D tube on my TR-180 already touches against my head when I play. There isn't room for any more tubing (at least for me).

Back to the original topic, I still have a Bach 50B2 that I bought new in 1974 and took to college in 1975. I don't recall ever seeing or hearing about open wrap horns in those days. I think they came later.
Tbarh

Post by Tbarh »

dbwhitaker wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:02 pm
Tbarh wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:06 am If the wrap itself is so much less important than the Valves itself, Why does not makers wrap more tubing towards the neckpipeside of the bell section...
That side is where your head and neck are, isn't it? The D tube on my TR-180 already touches against my head when I play. There isn't room for any more tubing (at least for me).

Back to the original topic, I still have a Bach 50B2 that I bought new in 1974 and took to college in 1975. I don't recall ever seeing or hearing about open wrap horns in those days. I think they came later.
Many ways to achieve what i am taking about... If the wrap itself is narrower it will stick out more at the back.. Usually this is argued as a problem because of tight spaces etc.. I had none of this problems when i used this kind of a horn... The more tubing and weight at the back Will make the horn balance better in outer position...

Return to “Instruments”