Eastman ETB848G

timmyd

Eastman ETB848G

Post by timmyd »

Hi all,

Looking in to getting a new bass after a while of not playing and I couldn't help but notice the rave reviews of the Eastman 848. I previously played an Edwards B454 before I sold it some years back and was wondering what people's experiences with the Eastman were. In particular, I'd love to know people's opinions between the 848 and 848G with the gold brass bell. Haven't had a chance to go and blow either of them yet (due to lockdown in Australia) so any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to purchase pretty soon!
Finetales

Re: Eastman ETB848G

Post by Finetales »

I've only played the 848G, but it blew me away. I legitimately thought it was a custom Shires until I was told otherwise. If I didn't have my Conn I would buy one without hesitation.
GabrielRice

Post by GabrielRice »

I had the yellow bell prototype for a while on loan. I could very happily play it in any professional situation.
ChadA

Post by ChadA »

It might be worth considering the Shires Q series counterpart. It will spec out similarly to the Eastman in many ways, but will go through different QC and is compatible with other Shires parts.
8parktoollover

Post by 8parktoollover »

ChadA wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:38 am It might be worth considering the Shires Q series counterpart. It will spec out similarly to the Eastman in many ways, but will go through different QC and is compatible with other Shires parts.
plus the price difference isn't that big
timmyd

Post by timmyd »

Yeh I might look into the Shires Q Series then. I just don't know of a retailer near me is all - the retailer sells only Eastman, no Shires or Q Series.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

timmyd wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:12 pm Yeh I might look into the Shires Q Series then. I just don't know of a retailer near me is all - the retailer sells only Eastman, no Shires or Q Series.
Presto Music in Adelaide is an Aussie Shires dealer, has some great horns in stock including Shires Q and Eastman basses and tenors.
timmyd

Post by timmyd »

Rusty wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:46 am
timmyd wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:12 pm Yeh I might look into the Shires Q Series then. I just don't know of a retailer near me is all - the retailer sells only Eastman, no Shires or Q Series.
Presto Music in Adelaide is an Aussie Shires dealer, has some great horns in stock including Shires Q and Eastman basses and tenors.
Thanks for that - looking at it now! I'm in Melbourne but I'm sure they'd do postage from Adelaide.

Return to “Instruments”