Any differences in the Eastman-era Shires?

Bach5G

Any differences in the Eastman-era Shires?

Post by Bach5G »

Spun this off the Alessi thread.

I haven’t seen any discussion of this.
harrisonreed

Re: Any differences in the Eastman-era Shires?

Post by harrisonreed »

Abandon ship!!
GabrielRice

Post by GabrielRice »

The gear I play every day is a mix of pre- and post-Eastman purchase. I have not seen any differences in quality, and the designs have continued to evolve. Steve is still involved in R&D. The financial backing of Eastman makes it much easier to support artists such as Mike Davis, Colin Williams, Blair Bollinger, George Curran, Brian Hecht...and also those who don't have signature models but are nonetheless active players and educators.

As to the other thread, keep your eyes out for official word. It's coming soon.
MalecHeermans

Post by MalecHeermans »

GabeLangfur wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:21 pm The gear I play every day is a mix of pre- and post-Eastman purchase. I have not seen any differences in quality, and the designs have continued to evolve. Steve is still involved in R&D. The financial backing of Eastman makes it much easier to support artists such as Mike Davis, Colin Williams, Blair Bollinger, George Curran, Brian Hecht...and also those who don't have signature models but are nonetheless active players and educators.

As to the other thread, keep your eyes out for official word. It's coming soon.
Oooooohhhhhhh!
tbonesullivan

Post by tbonesullivan »

As long as Steve Shires and his team are still there, I don't think you are going to see any changes in the quality of design or instruments. Eastman is a good company, and is working with other similar boutique companies. Their current management knows that cutting open the golden goose is not a good idea.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone

Return to “Instruments”