Newbie to this site looking for some help

TMMasterWannabe

Newbie to this site looking for some help

Post by TMMasterWannabe »

I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me how a Blessing BTR-88-O compares to the Yamaha 548 Goal ?

Thanks,
Ray Z
MStarke

Re: Newbie to this site looking for some help

Post by MStarke »

Hi,

although I have not played any of these instruments, there have been very recent discussions on this:
https://trombonechat.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10820

Overall the assumption seems to be that the current Blessing trombone line consists of low to medium quality instruments produced in China which can be found in slight variation from a number of others as well.
Yamaha on the other hand is today a very high quality instrument maker.
Of course tastes may differ, but thereby most people would agree that based on these observations a Yamaha trombone would typically be of higher quality. Higher quality can mean easier response, better mechanical functions including slide and valve action, quiet valve mechanism, better intonation, easier to achieve a nice sound etc.

However I would say that depending on what level player you are, what you want to do with the instrument or what amount of money you have available, the Blessing or a comparable instrument is not necessarily a bad choice.

Again some people might say it's better to get a used Yamaha for the same price as you would get a new Blessing...
Markus Starke
https://www.mst-studio-mouthpieces.com/

Alto: Conn 35h, Kanstul, Weril
Tenor: 2x Conn 6h, Blessing medium, Elkhart 88H, 88HT, Greenhoe 88HT, Heckel, Piering replica
Bass: Conn 112h/62h, Greenhoe TIS, Conn 60h/"62h"
imsevimse

Post by imsevimse »

A Blessing is probably not a bad choice but I'm thinking of resell value. Yamaha has absolutely a better resell value. If you ever decide to sell your instrument the next buyer would not know why. If you are reselling a Yamaha they will know that the instrument is a good pruduct. If it is a Blessing they will hesitate. I would defintaty go for the Yamaha. It is the better product

/Tom
walldaja

Post by walldaja »

Yammi!
Dave

2020ish? Shires Q30GR with 2CL
1982 King 607F with 13CL
Yamaha 421G Bass with Christian Lindberg 2CL / Bach 1 1/2G
Bach Soloist with 13CL
1967 Olds Ambassador with 10CL
1957 Besson 10-10