Can anyone go to the Midwest Clinic?

How and what to teach and learn.
Mikebmiller

Can anyone go to the Midwest Clinic?

Post by Mikebmiller »

Can any schmuck go to the Midwest Clinic or do have to be some sort of professional musician or educator? Just wondering. I have heard about this thing for 40 years and never been to one.
sungfw

Re: Can anyone go to the Midwest Clinic?

Post by sungfw »

Open to anyone. Just have to buy an admission ticket (or beg/borrow/steal one from a friend/exhibitor/clinician/etc.).
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

I have no idea what you are talking about. Is it https://www.midwestclinic.org/default.aspx# ???
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
AlexMcMahon

Post by AlexMcMahon »

Yes, I believe so. I just came from there and saw several badges that said occupations like 'Freelance Musician,' 'Private Instructor,' and some with no title at all. It's kind of pricy if you go only as an individual for the trade show/exhibits only but a great experience if you go to concerts and clinic sessions.

I didn't play any horns since I was there as a band director to hear concerts mainly, but did see several horn makers on display. Excited to see what M&W does with their medium and small bore horns after talking with them at the booth. Kelly stainless mouthpieces also looked interesting.
arich621

Post by arich621 »

Anyone can go! I highly recommend it for anyone, even though most of the clinics are aimed at music educators that teach in classroom settings. Still, getting to try out things in the exhibits and attend all the performances (many military band groups and other professional ensembles) are worth the price.
Mikebmiller

Post by Mikebmiller »

$125 doesn't seem to bad for registration. I'm sure a hotel room in Chicago will cost way more than that.

Return to “Teaching & Learning”