Hudson Valley quick trip this weekend

How and what to teach and learn.
Doug Elliott

Hudson Valley quick trip this weekend

Post by Doug Elliott »

... Anybody want a lesson Sunday morning?

If I go, I'll be in Middletown tomorrow (Saturday 9/1) and I have to drive home on Sunday.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
blast

Re: Hudson Valley quick trip this weekend

Post by blast »

I was in the Hudson valley last week......
Nice place.... didn't see any trombone players....
Did you ?

Chris.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

blast wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:40 am I was in the Hudson valley last week......
Did you ?

Chris.
Wait a sec. Didn't you just go to Tanglewood and hear Toby Oft play a luscious solo on Mahler 3? And there were 4 trombonists there on stage. :tongue:

This is a bad weekend to be looking for quick lessons. Most folks with college age kids are taking them to school. Boston is bracing for half a million new residents this weekend.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
blast

Post by blast »

BGuttman wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:36 am
blast wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:40 am I was in the Hudson valley last week......
Did you ?

Chris.
Wait a sec. Didn't you just go to Tanglewood and hear Toby Oft play a luscious solo on Mahler 3? And there were 4 trombonists there on stage. :tongue:

This is a bad weekend to be looking for quick lessons. Most folks with college age kids are taking them to school. Boston is bracing for half a million new residents this weekend.
The Boston guys were not in the Valley.....and they sure as hell don't need lessons from me... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Chris
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

I go there every year at this time for an event that's not trombone related, and a couple of times I have given lessons in the area. In this case I drove home last night.

Sometimes I post my travels like this, just in case. At the end of this month I will be driving to Rhode Island for a gig on the 30th, hoping to schedule some teaching or master class in the days immediately before or after. I'll post separately for that one.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
blast

Post by blast »

Only a joke Doug, as you know...
I am Italy next week and Poland after that.... NOT teaching.

Chris
Reedman1

Post by Reedman1 »

Doug Elliott wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:45 pm ... Anybody want a lesson Sunday morning?

If I go, I'll be in Middletown tomorrow (Saturday 9/1) and I have to drive home on Sunday.
Dang! Wish I’d seen this earlier. I’m not far from Middletown. Well, maybe another time, or via Skype.

Return to “Teaching & Learning”