Brass Bulletin

How and what to teach and learn.
Kinny

Brass Bulletin

Post by Kinny »

Hello folks,

I don´t know where I have to post this, but maybe here you can help me with this stuff.
I am doing my Final Master project about multiphonics on the trombone and I know that Benny Sluchin wrote some interesting things in Brass Bullet Magazine in 1981-1982 (nº35,36 and 37). The problem is that some of this there are out of print and I can´t get those magazines.

Can someone help me get them?

Thanks in advance!!
LeTromboniste

Re: Brass Bulletin

Post by LeTromboniste »

Kinny wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:55 am Hello folks,

I don´t know where I have to post this, but maybe here you can help me with this stuff.
I am doing my Final Master project about multiphonics on the trombone and I know that Benny Sluchin wrote some interesting things in Brass Bullet Magazine in 1981-1982 (nº35,36 and 37). The problem is that some of this there are out of print and I can´t get those magazines.

Can someone help me get them?

Thanks in advance!!
You should be able to easily find on WorldCat some libraries that have the issues you want and order them through inter-library loans. You're looking for issues 35 to 37; 35 and 37 are still in print and available for purchase from Editions BIM, 36 is out of print, but they're in the process of digitizing all the archives, so maybe they have it scanned already, or might be willing to scan it in priority if you ask them. Worth contacting them anyway.

Also, Brass Bulletin is not peer-reviewed, so depending on what angle you're looking at your subject from, it might be information you want to complement with other sources as well.
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen

Return to “Teaching & Learning”