Grip: Does it matter whether it's top or bottom?

How and what to teach and learn.
TexHipp

Re: Grip: Does it matter whether it's top or bottom?

Post by TexHipp »

BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Why can't you participate in the other topic? Do you have a particular problem that wasn't discussed?
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
TexHipp

Post by TexHipp »

BGuttman wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:39 pm Why can't you participate in the other topic? Do you have a particular problem that wasn't discussed?
I joined the discussion of "Hand angle at the slide" (partly to accumulate one of my three required posts), when the search box was unavailable to me and I was not aware of previous discussions because I am a fairly new member.

Today, while browsing for something else, I ran across this particular thread that seems to be relevant. I cross-linked the two as a courtesy to anyone in the future who wants to see what we discussed. [I'd imagine slide technique will be discussed again.] There were members who posted in both threads and didn't reference a previous discussion. And in fact, some members voiced their opinions and advocated better than I later did. It would've been useful to know about this previous thread.

Does cross-linking break forum etiquette?
sungfw

Post by sungfw »

TexHipp wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:11 pm
BGuttman wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:39 pm Why can't you participate in the other topic? Do you have a particular problem that wasn't discussed?
I joined the discussion of "Hand angle at the slide" (partly to accumulate one of my three required posts), when the search box was unavailable to me and I was not aware of previous discussions because I am a fairly new member.

Today, while browsing for something else, I ran across this particular thread that seems to be relevant. I cross-linked the two as a courtesy to anyone in the future who wants to see what we discussed. [I'd imagine slide technique will be discussed again.] There were members who posted in both threads and didn't reference a previous discussion. And in fact, some members voiced their opinions and advocated better than I later did. It would've been useful to know about this previous thread.

Does cross-linking break forum etiquette?
Don't mind Bruce. He just gets cranky a certain times of the year.

Now get off his lawn! :biggrin:

Return to “Teaching & Learning”