Mpc buzzing range

How and what to teach and learn.
PosauneCat

Mpc buzzing range

Post by PosauneCat »

I’ve been mpc buzzing lately and I find it helpful. I didn’t used to, but I guess something changed. I can get up to a solid Eb5 (octave and a minor 3rd above middle C) but no higher. I can only get as low as F#2. I your experience what is the practical buzzing range I can expect?
baileyman

Re: Mpc buzzing range

Post by baileyman »

Anything I can freebuzz I can buzz on the piece, except pedals. I think there is some acoustic feedback from the horn that helps those happen. There is often a mouthpiece breakpoint around G above middle C that can feel like a barrier. By freebuzzing higher than that and moving to the piece one can learn how to get around it.
Basbasun

Re: Mpc buzzing range

Post by Basbasun »

That depends on how you do it and also in what range you do play your horn. Many trombonists can not buzz as high as you, most trombonists can buzz a E2. Many trombonists can buzz the range range they can play on the trombone.
Many trombonists can buzz all pedal tones down to E1 and lower, up to F5 and higher. As long as you find it helpful I say keep doing what you do. There are some player who buzz on a somewhot resticted way that can work on high range but not in low range. I don´t do that, I try to buzz as close to the way I play the horn as possible.

Return to “Teaching & Learning”