Technology-assisted practice?

How and what to teach and learn.
pmiksza

Technology-assisted practice?

Post by pmiksza »

Hello, folks

I'm curious if anyone uses mobile applications to help organize their practicing? I assume people regularly use metronome, tuner, drone, etc. apps, but I'm curious about applications that might assist with goal setting, strategy use, and self-reflection...

Please let me know if there's anything interesting you're using.

Thanks
SimmonsTrombone

Re: Technology-assisted practice?

Post by SimmonsTrombone »

I looked into various planning apps as part of a general life hack. I never found anything that suited me and reverted to using a desktop publishing program to make a paper form. I can include things to do, appointments, affirmations, goals and my daily practice schedule.
Bassbonechandler

Post by Bassbonechandler »

I use Google calendar quite heavily. I have all my practice sessions planned out with a reminder 10 minutes before each one to go practice. I can also add notes to each session with goals and information like that.
Bach5G

Post by Bach5G »

I set timers on my Alexa. 10 min here, 15 min there. Buzz 5, Long tones 10. Tongue quickly and evenly for 30 seconds. Etc.
pmiksza

Post by pmiksza »

Interesting uses! Thanks for sharing, I do research on practicing and music skill acquisition and was curious of the kinds of apps people use. Has any used Modacity or a all-in-one app like that?

Return to “Teaching & Learning”