Ed Neumeister

Discuss the people that make the music here.
Bach5G

Ed Neumeister

Post by Bach5G »

It seems to me that there is little mention of Ed Neumeister on this forum. I’m not sure why. I’m listening to a 2022 recording “What Have I Done” right now and it is excellent. Ed’s playing is terrific (he is a plunger master) his sidemen are excellent, and the quality of the recording is as good as it gets. Give it a listen.
Chiptingle

Re: Ed Neumeister

Post by Chiptingle »

Seconded!!!
Cmillar

Post by Cmillar »

He's simply one of the best.

Jazz, classical, etc. etc. He can play music of any style as well as anyone in the world.

Plus, he's a unique improviser and composer with original artistic thoughts.

Something any musician should aspire to be.
Fidbone

Post by Fidbone »

Great player and lovely guy, I played a whole weeks project with him and the NDR Big Band in Hamburg, Germany. He gave me some of his Comp/arrangements for jazz Octet for my Octet.
Also I remember him playing a solo set at one of the ITA festivals in Utrecht where most attendees just talked and drank throughout, it was embarrassing but he still played his ass off!!!
PhilTrombone

Post by PhilTrombone »

Yes!

He and Wyclef Gordon did a plunger duo at the 2016 ITF that was phenomenal. They were both feeding off each other. It wasn't until they were about 5 minutes into it that I realized they were playing "Stompin at the Savoy".
wllhrnr

Post by wllhrnr »

Studying with Ed were some of the most informative times for my development! Loved it, and love how he's always cranking out new compositions and recordings. Check out "What Have I Done?" if you haven't yet. Killer.
Slidehamilton

Post by Slidehamilton »

He's also a really nice person. Took a lesson with him in NY many years ago. I also got him hooked up with Warburton mouthpieces, which he's very happy with. Great player! I also happen to love the sound he is getting on his Shires!
HermanGerman

Post by HermanGerman »

I also love his playing, first heard him with the Mel Lewis Orchestra
BigBadandBass

Post by BigBadandBass »

I got to see him play a set of his compositions at birdland last year, some of the best playing I’ve ever seen.

Return to “Musicians”