Dick Nash

Discuss the people that make the music here.
EriKon

Dick Nash

Post by EriKon »

Do you guys have any specific listening recommendations for albums, songs or videos where Dick Nash is featured (except for Peter Gunn)?
I rarely seem to find stuff where he's really prominent as a soloist, most of the stuff seems to be the section work in Mancini songs. I really enjoy his ballad style, but would love to hear more of that. But it's not easy to find it for me. Thx in advance!
Oslide

Re: Dick Nash

Post by Oslide »

Ceterum censeo to fetch All of TTF
EriKon

Post by EriKon »

Oslide wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:34 pm How about this?
http://www.bonetherapy.org/Bone_Therapy/Dick_Nash.html
That is awesome! Thank you so much!
Aznguyy

Post by Aznguyy »

jej

Post by jej »

My favorite is "My One and Only Love" with Mancini.
Massimo69

Post by Massimo69 »

My cd with him "3 bros bones" Dick, Alan Kaplan and me together on fresh sound records.
Dick Give me 12 cds collection with all (most of) of his solos
Leanit

Post by Leanit »

I've got a stack of CD's of his studio stuff. Some of it without titles. What an incredible player.

If somebody has a place to upload the MP3's I've taken off the discs, I'm happy to post them.
Slydeguy

Post by Slydeguy »

Could you possibly upload those to Google Drive and share?
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Send me a message, if it’s okay to distribute, I can help
Oslide

Post by Oslide »

That would be awesome :good:
Ceterum censeo to fetch All of TTF
bassclef

Post by bassclef »

I'm currently listening to Art Pepper + Eleven.

If he's not playing bass trombone on this, then you're hearing the best false tones in recorded music history.

The other trombone player credit is Bob Enevoldsen who is listed for valve trombone and tenor sax. Perhaps "valve trombone" means one with an attachment or two and this is what's producing those glorious, compact and colorful low trombone sounds?
EriKon

Post by EriKon »

bassclef wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:10 pm I'm currently listening to Art Pepper + Eleven.

If he's not playing bass trombone on this, then you're hearing the best false tones in recorded music history.

The other trombone player credit is Bob Enevoldsen who is listed for valve trombone and tenor sax. Perhaps "valve trombone" means one with an attachment or two and this is what's producing those glorious, compact and colorful low trombone sounds?
Bob Enevoldsen definitely plays the real valve trombone with 3 valves, which you can hear in a solo on this album as well. Didn't know Dick Nash played on this one! Bass trombone sounds awesome there. Especially on tunes like Groovin High.
Chiptingle

Post by Chiptingle »

In case you’ve never heard the album he and his brother, Ted, did together:

bassclef

Post by bassclef »

EriKon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:27 am Bob Enevoldsen definitely plays the real valve trombone with 3 valves, which you can hear in a solo on this album as well. Didn't know Dick Nash played on this one! Bass trombone sounds awesome there. Especially on tunes like Groovin High.
That's my favorite track as well.

I've been listening to this because arrangements for about half of the tunes on this album are available for purchase and we just ordered them for a 12 piece ensemble that's starting up. I haven't been quite this excited to dig into something in a while!
Leanit

Post by Leanit »

Slydeguy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:52 am Could you possibly upload those to Google Drive and share?
Sorry, finally getting back to this. Message sent to you.
TromboneMonkey

Post by TromboneMonkey »

Does anyone have a copy of the BritishTrombone Society interview with Dick Nash? I haven't been able to find it in a long while.
dbwhitaker

Post by dbwhitaker »

Alan Ferber posted a picture of Dick Nash last week after Dick showed up at his big band show.
MaxPirone

Post by MaxPirone »

Dick played bass trombone 70h conn and olds GR mod in the 70's often George Roberts send Dick on bass for sub him(Dick said that to me)too until last year's he played a 42 Bach like bass on incredible sound track ...also Dick said to me he replaced George Roberts on Dean Martin's Lp for capitol with Nelson Riddle are...
MaxPirone

Post by MaxPirone »

My cd with Dick Nash and Alan Kaplan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Musicians”