Urbie & Buddy Morrow recording

Discuss the people that make the music here.
Vegasbound

Urbie & Buddy Morrow recording

Post by Vegasbound »

I read an article taken from a magazine, sadly the page did not show which publication, it was probably early 1970’s it was a review/interview with Buddy Morrow following a clinic he had just given (may have been in the UK?) the article mentioned a number of prominent trombonists as being in the audience including Don Lusher (a photo of them dates to early 70’s)

During the interview Buddy refers to recording an album with Urbie using just lead sheets called ‘Just the two’, was this ever released? Anyone heard it or have it?

The only lip I have found Buddy recorded with a title similar was in 1959 with an organist

Anyone know more about it?
bellend

Re: Urbie & Buddy Morrow recording

Post by bellend »

This is the article in question, I've never heard or seen the album he mentions excpt as you say the one with the organ.

BellEnd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2bobone

Post by 2bobone »

"The only lip I have found Buddy recorded with a title similar was in 1959 with an organist Anyone know more about it?"

I have that album here somewhere. The search continues. I'll report when I find it.
2bobone

Post by 2bobone »

Found it ! Album named "Just We Two" on the Mercury label [SR 60018]. Buddy Morrow,trombone and Eddie Layton, organ [Hammond]. Program is all medleys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Musicians”