RIP Richard Tadaki

Discuss the people that make the music here.
HawaiiTromboneGuy

RIP Richard Tadaki

Post by HawaiiTromboneGuy »

It pains me to write this, but we have lost another member of the trombone world. Richard Tadaki was a friend of mine and just an all around great guy. He was active on the old TTF, but I don’t believe he was well enough to make the transition over to TC. He passed away Thursday in Maui, Hawaii where he was born and raised. Richard was not only a friend of mine, but to also my family members as he taught at the same intermediate school as my uncle, and was also classmates with my father and aunty (fraternal twins). I was fortunate enough to visit Richard at the care home he was at right before Covid shut everything down. He was very fond of his Williams’ and I know that he, John Noxon, and Troy Smart are all up there jamming together. I’m actually pretty jealous because I know those guys are probably picking Earl and Bob’s brains apart. I just hope that they save some horns for us for when it’s our turn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drew A.
Professional bum.
jorymil

Re: RIP Richard Tadaki

Post by jorymil »

I remember Richard quite well from the old forum. Rest in peace, sir.
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

Very sorry to hear that.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Vegasbound

Post by Vegasbound »

jorymil wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:36 pm I remember Richard quite well from the old forum. Rest in peace, sir.
As do I, sad news indeed
greenbean

Post by greenbean »

I remember him well, too. A good guy!
Tom in San Francisco
Currently playing...
Bach Corp 16M
Many French horns

Return to “Musicians”