Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile and Aoife O'Donovan on Colbert

Discuss the people that make the music here.
AndrewMeronek

Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile and Aoife O'Donovan on Colbert

Post by AndrewMeronek »

Just a shout-out to these amazing musicians who I fully hope get some wider recognition from this collage on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.

This is also on their recent album, not the original 2011 Goat Rodeo Sessions.

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk
harrisonreed

Re: Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile and Aoife O'Donovan on Colbert

Post by harrisonreed »

I too hope that Yo-Yo Ma becomes a more widely recognized musician!
FOSSIL

Re: Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile and Aoife O'Donovan on Colbert

Post by FOSSIL »

harrisonreed wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:37 am I too hope that Yo-Yo Ma becomes a more widely recognized musician!
What ????? He is one of the most well known classical musicians on the planet.....

Chris
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

FOSSIL wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:04 am
harrisonreed wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:37 am I too hope that Yo-Yo Ma becomes a more widely recognized musician!
What ????? He is one of the most well known classical musicians on the planet.....

Chris
My point exactly!
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

harrisonreed wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:03 am
FOSSIL wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:04 am

Chris
My point exactly!
I've learned that sarcasm and irony are often misinterpreted on the Internet!
Bach5G

Post by Bach5G »

Sarchasm: The gap between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

Eh, it's hard to read sarcasm on a forum. Chris hit the nail on the head. The OP must've meant "wider recognition for this group of musicians as a whole".
AndrewMeronek

Post by AndrewMeronek »

harrisonreed wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:06 pm Eh, it's hard to read sarcasm on a forum. Chris hit the nail on the head. The OP must've meant "wider recognition for this group of musicians as a whole".
Well, yes, but I'd also be happy for Yo-Yo. He's famous, but not Beyoncé famous.
“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Return to “Musicians”