PLEASE REMOVE Inquiry King 7B used prices?

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
marccromme

PLEASE REMOVE Inquiry King 7B used prices?

Post by marccromme » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:59 am

I am in the situation that I can test and buy a gold-laquered King 7B from a dissolved household having been sold to a local shop. I will have the chance to play it one of these days, but would like to ask at what prices they usually go - can't find any nearby.

This one is as-is, that is, no dents, only smaller dings, relatively nice gold laquer, but needs some repairs on valve levers, needs an acid descaling rinse, need a thorough valve and slide service. The asking price is 1200 $.

I have yet no idea if the slide is OK or needs serious work, I'll find out.

What does an instrument like this one usually go for?
Last edited by marccromme on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matt K

Re: Inquiry King 7B used prices?

Post by Matt K » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:02 am

That's a good price. I've seen a few go for around it. Some more, but Idon't recall seeing one go for less.
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:06 am

Sounds reasonable to me. IIRC a lot of the Chinese basses were copies of this design. If it wasn't a good horn, they would have copied something else.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
marccromme

Post by marccromme » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Thanks, I will see the horn tomorrow. I had the impression that this is a fair price too. Hopefully valve and slide are OK.
marccromme

Post by marccromme » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:56 am

Got it! Needs a lot of cleaning and servicing, but is otherwise well-playing. Nice!
BGuttman

Re: PLEASE REMOVE Inquiry King 7B used prices?

Post by BGuttman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:59 am

Good luck with it. I love mine.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”