FS: 36B, nice player with a couple quirks

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
SoVTTb

FS: 36B, nice player with a couple quirks

Post by SoVTTb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Hey All,

I have a Bach Strad 36B for sale that is not a looker, but plays nicely, and has a solid bachy sound.

The good:
- I've played a few gigs on this horn in the last few months, and it works great in a bunch of ensembles: orchestra, jazz combo, pop/rock group
- The slide is nice and quick, no catches, and the action is 8/10
- The valve and tuning slides are nice and smooth, and the old-style bach linkage works great.

The weird/bad:
- Someone put a new crook on the slide recently! It looks and plays great! They also accidentally left a bit of solder blocking the water key, so you have to take the slide off to empty the condensation. For you trad/sackbut players, this will be familiar and comfortable! For others, you may want to have a tech coax the blockage out of the way.
- It seems the slide might have a little less clearance than usual to the bell, may be just normal, I haven't played a lot of 36's
- Lacquer is scratched, but you're not buying this horn for looks!

I'm selling it because I don't need a medium bore in my life as much as I thought, although it is a great all-around player.

Looking to get $850+shipping for it, but I am certainly open to offers.

(If anybody has any Edwards bass valves kickin' around, and they're looking for a medium bore, I could throw some dollars your way too.)

Pics to follow.
aasavickas

Re: FS: 36B, nice player with a couple quirks

Post by aasavickas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:26 am

PM Sent.
SoVTTb

Re: FS: 36B, nice player with a couple quirks

Post by SoVTTb » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Sale Pending

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”