Glenn Cronkhite Travel Bag?

bobroden

Glenn Cronkhite Travel Bag?

Post by bobroden »

Hi All -- I have never used a Glenn Cronkhite Travel Bag, but am curious.

I understand that it breaks apart into to units, one each for slide and bell. But how does this play out on a plane?

Questions:

-- The written descriptions say that the slide section will fit under the seat in front of you, but I don't see how that's possible given its length. Does that work?

-- Does the bell section then presumably go in the overhead?

-- If the bell section does go in the overhead, what's to keep the bell from getting dented by other bags moving around during flight?

I would love for one of these to work. Please help me understand!
Burgerbob

Re: Glenn Cronkhite Travel Bag?

Post by Burgerbob »

I have a Superfine bag like this. I just think it looks neat. I would never travel with it personally- there's basically no advantage to taking it apart, and it's still just a dent bag if anything happens to it. A Bonna is better in every way when traveling.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
bobroden

Post by bobroden »

Burgerbob wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:27 pm I have a Superfine bag like this. I just think it looks neat. I would never travel with it personally- there's basically no advantage to taking it apart, and it's still just a dent bag if anything happens to it. A Bonna is better in every way when traveling.
Thanks, Aidan, that's consistent with my own thoughts about it. Is there a particular Bonna that works as a carry-on, or that facilitates traveling in some way?
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

Any of the smaller ones- I'm not sure if you're talking about tenor or bass, but the stock bass case or the ultra-light tenor case are totally fine on MOST planes, and safe to check if it comes to the worst case scenario.

I will say that I know a couple of top pros that use the two-part Cronkhite to travel- I am jealous of their bravery!
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher

Return to “Accessories”