Emmet Cohen w/ Dr. Eddie Henderson & Steve Davis | Pfrancing (No Blues)

Discuss the people that make the music here.
AndrewMeronek

Emmet Cohen w/ Dr. Eddie Henderson & Steve Davis | Pfrancing (No Blues)

Post by AndrewMeronek »

Pianist Emmet Cohen has a bunch of "living room" jazz jams published. Here's one that has the great Steve Davis involved.

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk
Nolankberk

Re: Emmet Cohen w/ Dr. Eddie Henderson & Steve Davis | Pfrancing (No Blues)

Post by Nolankberk »

https://www.youtube.com/live/AlXkYMnOb_ ... taQN61vTgk

Full session link

Dolphin dance is such a beautiful song on trombone
GGJazz

Post by GGJazz »

Hi all.

What beautiful session!

Steve Davis is one or my favourites players ! So much feel , and so interesting lines .
Dr. Henderson too plays great .

Regards
Giancarlo
ddsbstrb

Post by ddsbstrb »

I have been following Emmet Cohen's You Tube's that were done in his Harlem apartment, for a while. He has a lot of great talent show up for his shows. The video and audio are very well done. Emmet is a fantastic, young, piano/organ player, with a huge talent. Beside great jazz players of the Davis/Henderson generation, a lot of great talented younger generation is visiting his place. I really enjoy Benny Benack III.

I caught his wonderful & entertaining Lincoln Center sponsored tour, which include Bria Shonberg, another fine trumpet player/singer, like Benny, down at the Memorial Hall on the Ohio University campus, a week ago, Wednesday. It was well-player by Benny and Bria and four other very talented musicians. Other great talent are Veronica Swift and Gabrielle Cavassa, who stop by Emmet's Apartment.

I have also began watching some things from Smalls Jazz Club. I happened to see David Gibson, who used to be a member of the old TTF, from years ago. He and his trombone have been at Smalls twice in the last month. It was great to see him. There was also a 6 piece group that had John Mosca in the ensemble. Interesting front line of alto, tenor, bass clarinet (yes, bass clarinet) and John on trombone, no piano or guitar, but, bass and drums.

Also, both Smalls and Emmet have Joe Farnsworth show up on drum set, in various groups. What a "snappy" dresser this guy is. Always has a suit with matching tie and handkerchef. Very cool!
Denny Seifried
Adjunct Trombone Instructor
Wittenberg Univ. Dept. of Music

Return to “Musicians”