Repair MB Bass long Zipper

ATXBassBone

Repair MB Bass long Zipper

Post by ATXBassBone »

The zipper on my MB case is in need of replacement. Is this a straight forward task? Can I take it to a luggae repair place?

The case is 10 years old and starting to show signs of significant wear. How long have yall had MB cases hold up?
GabrielRice

Re: Repair MB Bass long Zipper

Post by GabrielRice »

I would think the zipper can be replaced pretty easily. You can also buy a replacement cover for the case from MB through any of their dealers. I'm picking one up today from Virtuosity Music in Boston, in fact.
SamBTbrn

Post by SamBTbrn »

I had my zipper replaced two years ago. It's easy enough for a luggage repair shop. Just ask for as strong a zipper as possible.
It there are any other spots you need patching they can do it while it's there.
I've had my case 12 years.
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

There is also an MB Leather Bass case cover on sale in the classifieds, as well as a Bass case that is in decent shape for sale too.

Jim Scott
WGWTR180

Post by WGWTR180 »

GabrielRice wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:21 am I would think the zipper can be replaced pretty easily. You can also buy a replacement cover for the case from MB through any of their dealers. I'm picking one up today from Virtuosity Music in Boston, in fact.
I bought a replacement cover and replacing the old cover was one of the most difficult things I've done! Let me know how you make out. There is still that area around the bell on the front that cannot get together enough to zip. Oh well.
Lhbone

Post by Lhbone »

I was charged $180 to have the zipper replaced at a cobbler/luggage store. I felt it was worth it though because I felt the case had many more years in it. Going on year 13 now. And yes, getting the cover back on is challenging. I folded the zipper and Velcro back, which helped with inching it on gradually. Then when it’s as far as it can go, you fold the zipper back forward.
GabrielRice

Post by GabrielRice »

WGWTR180 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:32 am I bought a replacement cover and replacing the old cover was one of the most difficult things I've done! Let me know how you make out. There is still that area around the bell on the front that cannot get together enough to zip. Oh well.
Steve did it for me ;-)
WGWTR180

Post by WGWTR180 »

Lhbone wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:36 am I was charged $180 to have the zipper replaced at a cobbler/luggage store. I felt it was worth it though because I felt the case had many more years in it. Going on year 13 now. And yes, getting the cover back on is challenging. I folded the zipper and Velcro back, which helped with inching it on gradually. Then when it’s as far as it can go, you fold the zipper back forward.
:good:

Return to “Modification & Repair”