Bach 6 3/4C vs Bach 7C

Ramardpenovi

Bach 6 3/4C vs Bach 7C

Post by Ramardpenovi »

Hello everyone, im a not a very experienced player and i dont really know much about mouthpieces. I wanted to know of someone who has played both mpcs can help me compare them, i ve been playing for 7 years now on multiple mouthpieces. (I have a very high placement embouchure)
Two years ago i ve settled on a Bach 7C after playing a 12C. I like the sound, notes are clean, and it fits my .500 bore well. Although sometimes i feel like i could use just a little bit of more room for my lips when playing loud (i ve played a 6 1/2AL before and it felt big).
I was wondering which are the key differences since these mouthpieces are very close in size, (Bach Catalog dosen't really helps) , if it would fit a small bore for jazz, and which one you prefer.
Thanks!
JLivi

Re: Bach 6 3/4C vs Bach 7C

Post by JLivi »

I played a 7C sized mouthpiece for 12 years or so. That took me from college into the beginning of my professional career. And about 6 years ago I switched to a 6 3/4 sized AR Resonance (25.10mm).

I also agree that the 6 1/2 sized pieces are too big. I've never been able to get them to work for me. The biggest issue for me is accuracy and endurance. I had a really hard time specifically with the 6 1/2 AL that I played in high school.

What I like about the 6 3/4 sized rim is that it allows me to do everything I need on the horn, while maintaining the aggressive sound I'm used to having. The 7C is great, but the one thing I struggled with was playing bass lines when that was necessary. Going to the wider rim I didn't lose high range, strength or endurance, and I was able to get a better sound in the low range.
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)

Return to “Mouthpieces”