Previews or Submissions Dissappearing Into the Ether

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
Matt K
Verified

Previews or Submissions Dissappearing Into the Ether

Post by Matt K »

From another thread, people are reporting losing their text, which is something I haven't been able to reproduce on my side. Trying to look into it, if others have experienced this issue and it sounds familiar, please answer the questions at the bottom of this post and I'll see if I can replicate.
CharlieB wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:21 pm
Matt K wrote: Also lets talk about that preview getting sucked up. I've heard a few people say it's happened to them but it's super frustrating to debug because I've never had it happen to me as far as I can recall since we set the site up.
I have similar problems posting.
Sometimes my message disappears.
This seems to be time related, as it only happens if I have kept the Reply box open for a long time, either because of interruption, or too much time spent composing. My defense is to always copy the text of the message to another file. Then, if my message disappears into TC Never-Never Land, I can exit and re-enter Trombone Chat, retrieve my saved text, and send it promptly. A bit of a PITA.
When you log-in did you hit the "Remember me?" checkbox?
What OS / Browser are you using?
Were you on a mobile connection (LTE, 5G, etc.), Home Wifi, Public Wifi, or Ethernet when the post disappeared?
What happens when it disappears, does it give you a message of some kind? Does it take you to a different page? Or does it just show you the submission box but with blank text?
How long did you take to compose the message? (Doesn't have to be exact, but give magnitude, like 1 minute, 10 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day, etc.)
Matt K
Verified

Re: Previews or Submissions Dissappearing Into the Ether

Post by Matt K »

Aha! I was finally able to reproduce the issue. I think I may know the cause.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”