Shires B tuning slide... Tenor?

ttf_CJ

Post by ttf_CJ »

I have a tuning slide in my shires .525 tenor with a B stamped on the tuning slide.  Is this a bass tuning slide?  I bought this tuning slide 10 years ago and never noticed it.   Image
ttf_wgwbassbone

Post by ttf_wgwbassbone »

I think that's the "style" of the crook. Based on a Bach taper maybe?
ttf_Gabe Langfur

Post by ttf_Gabe Langfur »

Quote from: wgwbassbone on Today at 10:03 AMI think that's the "style" of the crook. Based on a Bach taper maybe?

No, there is now an "X" tuning slide option for large and medium tenor based on a Bach taper.
ttf_Gabe Langfur

Post by ttf_Gabe Langfur »

It's a tenor tuning slide. They all used to be marked B. During the original prototyping when the company was starting there were also A and C slides, but the B was such an overwhelming favorite that it simply became the standard. I believe they were all marked B until the tooling was changed for how they were made. I don't remember what year that was, but it was when I was working there, so between 2004 and 2009.
ttf_CJ

Post by ttf_CJ »

Quote from: Gabe Langfur on Today at 10:06 AMI don't remember what year that was, but it was when I was working there, so between 2004 and 2009.

An authentic Gabe Langfur tuning slide?!  Cool, I didn't remember getting anything out of the ordinary at the time, but looking over todays website gave me pause.
ttf_wgwbassbone

Quote from: Gabe Langfur on Today at 10:06 AMNo, there is now an "X" tuning slide option for large and medium tenor based on a Bach taper.
ttf_wgwbassbone

Quote from: Gabe Langfur on Today at 10:06 AMNo, there is now an "X" tuning slide option for large and medium tenor based on a Bach taper.

Return to “Instruments”