Reinhardts Pivot System for embouchure..........

ttf_Stanley Accrington

Post by ttf_Stanley Accrington »

..............what's it all about........and could it help me with playing higher notes?
ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

It's all about finding the best embouchure configuration for your particular face, and then using that.  It is a mechanical approach to a musical end.  Playing in the most efficient form improves everything about your playing - yes it helps high range but it also helps mid and low range, opens your sound and gives you more endurance.  It's actually not just about embouchure, it's how the whole body functions toward efficient playing.

I was a very long term student of Reinhardt and he specifically asked me to carry on where he left off, so that's what I do, both in brass teaching and the low brass mouthpieces I design and manufacture.
ttf_GetzenBassPlayer

Post by ttf_GetzenBassPlayer »

Quote from: Stanley Accrington on Aug 29, 2017, 10:38AM..............what's it all about........and could it help me with playing higher notes?

It could be helpful if done correctly. It something best approached under the tutelage of a qualified instructor.
ttf_Sliphorn

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

I worked with Doug a very long time and know this to be true.  I learned a great deal from him and I use that knowledge myself with my own students, such as they are.

ttf_Sliphorn

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

I worked with Doug a very long time and know this to be true.  I learned a great deal from him and I use that knowledge myself with my own students, such as they are.

Return to “Beginners and Returning Trombonists”