Slide Cream

ttf_anonymous

Slide Cream

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I live in Hawaii right now, and it is very humid. I've recently noticed that my slide cream has been melting. Is this a cause for concern? I'm not sure how humidity affects maintenance or playing, so any tips for dealing with such weather would be much appreciated. Thanks!
ttf_bonearzt

Slide Cream

Post by ttf_bonearzt »

I would think it's high temperature rather than humidity affecting the creams.
My tube of Trombotine also gets watery when it's hot in the garage,  but solidifies when it hits the tubes  and works like it should.

I recommend keeping the rotor well oiled,  a couple of drops every day won't hurt.

Eric

ttf_Isabel Trombone

Slide Cream

Post by ttf_Isabel Trombone »

Quote from: bonearzt on Aug 17, 2017, 07:39PMI would think it's high temperature rather than humidity affecting the creams.
My tube of Trombotine also gets watery when it's hot in the garage,  but solidifies when it hits the tubes  and works like it should.

I recommend keeping the rotor well oiled,  a couple of drops every day won't hurt.

Eric

Okay, thanks! It is not just humid, but it is hot here too, and my house doesn't have air conditioning. So, it doesn't matter if the cream is watery then?
ttf_bonearzt

Slide Cream

Post by ttf_bonearzt »

Not really,  just try to keep it cool, if possible,  and be careful when opening the container.
Maybe keep it in the fridge?

Eric

ttf_ShermanKNTO

Slide Cream

Post by ttf_ShermanKNTO »

Hello! I live in Hawaii (Pearl City), my Yamaha slide cream melted too, I tried freezing it but it never re-combined to be useful; it was very watery, too watery.  It happened to mt Trombotine tube before, but I have since switched to the Yamaha slide oil. If you keep it out of the sun (heat), your slide cream should be ok. Which cream are you using now? 
ttf_Isabel Trombone

Slide Cream

Quote from: ShermanKNTO on Aug 19, 2017, 01:37AMHello! I live in Hawaii (Pearl City), my Yamaha slide cream melted too, I tried freezing it but it never re-combined to be useful; it was very watery, too watery.  It happened to mt Trombotine tube before, but I have since switched to the Yamaha slide oil. If you keep it out of the sun (heat), your slide cream should be ok. Which cream are you using now? 

That's cool, I live in Mililani. I'm currently experimenting with Yamaha slide cream, but before I was using Superslick slide cream. I have used Yamaha slide lubricant before, and I liked it. My Yamaha cream came by Amazon, and when I got it in the mail, it was melted already, and was really watery.
ttf_ShermanKNTO

Slide Cream

Post by ttf_ShermanKNTO »

There's an Easy Music in Pearl City (Waimalu), maybe can check what they have, I think they have the newer Yamaha slide lubricant, with the applicator tip. It's a little gooey, not as watery as their old slide oil, not as think as the cream. (Can look up previous posts on the forum about the differences in slide oils).
ttf_Isabel Trombone

Slide Cream

Quote from: ShermanKNTO on Aug 20, 2017, 02:05AMThere's an Easy Music in Pearl City (Waimalu), maybe can check what they have, I think they have the newer Yamaha slide lubricant, with the applicator tip. It's a little gooey, not as watery as their old slide oil, not as think as the cream. (Can look up previous posts on the forum about the differences in slide oils).

Okay, thank you! I didn't know about the Easy Music Center before, I thought there was only the Music Center of Hawaii on island.
ttf_Isabel Trombone

Slide Cream

Quote from: ShermanKNTO on Aug 20, 2017, 02:05AMThere's an Easy Music in Pearl City (Waimalu), maybe can check what they have, I think they have the newer Yamaha slide lubricant, with the applicator tip. It's a little gooey, not as watery as their old slide oil, not as think as the cream. (Can look up previous posts on the forum about the differences in slide oils).

Okay, thank you! I didn't know about the Easy Music Center before, I thought there was only the Music Center of Hawaii on island.

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”