Should I sell my King 2B or Olds Studio?

ttf_Hammer

Post by ttf_Hammer »

Just throwing this question out there. I have a lot of trombones, and love them all. For my jazz playing, I've been mostly playing my King 3B SilverSonic, mostly for lead and 2nd bone parts. I love it and would never sell it, especially since a dear friend of mine sold it to me when he was preparing his final arrangements before passing. I also have been playing 2 other small bore horns that I do not want to sell either (Getzen Super Deluxe Tone Balanced Artist Sterling Silver model and an Olds Super). However, I have this King 2B that I picked up for a great price a few years ago, and I have not been playing it much at all. I also have this Olds Studio that I have been using as my marching/beater horn. So, should I try to sell my Olds Studio, that is not much of a looker and has some plating loss on the inner slides, or sell the King 2B, which is also not a looker, but in better condition? Both play great by the way. Or, should I just keep them? Any thoughts?
ttf_ghenly

Post by ttf_ghenly »

Keep both of them, but also purchase an Olds Ambassador with a better slide, so you can swap out the Studio slide and use the Ambassador for marching. Don't sell a great horn (or use it in a marching band)!
ttf_Radar

Post by ttf_Radar »

Well I can understand the concept of having too much stuff, and needing to pair down.  As a retiree one of my goals in life lately has been to divest myself of unused stuff.  If I had to make a choice like this honestly I would sit down with the two horns, alternate playing them, and ask myself which one do I have the most joy playing?  It really comes down to keeping the things that bring us joy, and divesting ourselves of those things that don't.

ttf_wgwbassbone

Post by ttf_wgwbassbone »

Matching end lamps for your couch?
ttf_schlitzbeer

Post by ttf_schlitzbeer »

2B, or not 2B.......
ttf_Hammer

Post by ttf_Hammer »

While matching end lamps sounds tempting...really tempting...I think I'll pass. I think I might end up selling both my Olds Studio and King 2B, and picking up an Olds Ambassador as a beater/marching horn. But this is just a thought right now. Thanks for the replies!
ttf_crazytrombonist505

Post by ttf_crazytrombonist505 »

Quote from: Hammer on Aug 02, 2017, 07:29PMWhile matching end lamps sounds tempting...really tempting...I think I'll pass. I think I might end up selling both my Olds Studio and King 2B, and picking up an Olds Ambassador as a beater/marching horn. But this is just a thought right now. Thanks for the replies!

Especially since there are many Ambassadors That can be had for pretty good prices on eBay  Image
ttf_Brer Cottonmouth

Post by ttf_Brer Cottonmouth »

That Olds Studio must be in rough shape. Too bad. I got a late 40s Studio in really nice shape on eBay a few years ago and it's become my favorite horn. Light, bright, super responsive. A joy to play.
ttf_Posaunus

Post by ttf_Posaunus »

Quote from: Brer Cottonmouth on Aug 03, 2017, 01:35PMThat Olds Studio ... Light, bright, super responsive. A joy to play.

ttf_Posaunus

Post by ttf_Posaunus »

Quote from: Brer Cottonmouth on Aug 03, 2017, 01:35PMThat Olds Studio ... Light, bright, super responsive. A joy to play.

Return to “Instruments”