Thomann trombones

ttf_anonymous

Thomann trombones

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Has anyone heard of or played a Thomann trombone? I am looking for an inexpensive yet nice tenor trombone and I came across the Thomann brand, but I couldn't find many reviews on it. Just wondering if it is high quality for the low price. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ttf_Blowero

Thomann trombones

Post by ttf_Blowero »

Thomann looks like a big music retailer. It's obviously a stencil and for the price is most likely made in China. I would guess quality is going to be pretty low. You get what you pay for.
ttf_BGuttman

Thomann trombones

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

If you are looking for a decent Chinese made instrument, check out Wessex Tubas.  They go through all the instruments to weed out the bad ones; unlike many big box importers.  I assume you are in Europe since you mention Thomann.  There are a couple of other importers in America that do the same thing, but for Europe look at Wessex Tubas.
ttf_Bart

Thomann trombones

Post by ttf_Bart »

Thomann has to be the biggest music retailer in Europe. They have warehouses larger than many of the distributors here. They do sell top quality instruments, but also the Chinese made ones. I've seen about a dozen of the Thomann brand trombones and the quality is indeed low (as is the price). If you look for a nice tenor trombone, don't buy the Thomann. (In Europe there are also other cheap brands that do have quality control. Check out Levante. Stay away from Stagg!)

I don't have any experience with the Wessex trombones, but I read some good reviews on here. I have seen their Dolce euphonium, a couple of their French horns and a tuba. All were of better quality than any other Chinese made instruments. Send them an e-mail, they're very nice people!
ttf_Bart

Thomann trombones

Post by ttf_Bart »

Thomann has to be the biggest music retailer in Europe. They have warehouses larger than many of the distributors here. They do sell top quality instruments, but also the Chinese made ones. I've seen about a dozen of the Thomann brand trombones and the quality is indeed low (as is the price). If you look for a nice tenor trombone, don't buy the Thomann. (In Europe there are also other cheap brands that do have quality control. Check out Levante. Stay away from Stagg!)

I don't have any experience with the Wessex trombones, but I read some good reviews on here. I have seen their Dolce euphonium, a couple of their French horns and a tuba. All were of better quality than any other Chinese made instruments. Send them an e-mail, they're very nice people!

Return to “Instruments”