Returning after an eight year break.

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi all,

Jus thought I would say a quick hello and introduce myself, I'm new to the forum and returning to playing after around an eight-year break.

My Edwards T-350 is being collected from the repairers (It's had a repair to the slide bow, as well as a service and some minor 'dings' removed) tomorrow and I'm raring to get stuck back in and try and get my playing back to where it was when I let things slip, with the ultimate aim of studying for my LRSM diploma (Completed my DipABRSM around 12 years ago. I've armed myself with a copy of circuit training (1 and 2), in addition to my collection of Lafosse 'Manuals' and 'How Trombonists Do It'.

Previous playing experience in the brass band world in Yorkshire as well as various big bands and orchestras throughout the UK. I've recently changed jobs and now have the time, the routine and the ability to fully commit to studying again!  Image

Happy to share parts of the journey and looking forward to getting to know some of you and hopefully share some of the knowledge I acquired previously as well as that which I accquire as I progress. I'm keen to progress quickly so may well come looking for help, especially as I progress towards rehearsing for my diploma.

Look forward to hearing from some of you.

Chris

ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

Welcome back!

8 years is not too long.  You should be back in shape in no time (well, maybe a little time).
ttf_tbathras

Post by ttf_tbathras »

Welcome!

I took a 12 year break from playing.  I've been back at it for almost 4 years now and it was easily one of the smartest decisions I've made.  Though my wallet may disagree!  (Funny thing, autocorrect suggested 'wife' when I was typing 'wallet'  Image  Image )
ttf_sacfxdx

Post by ttf_sacfxdx »

welcome back.  I took off 40 years and started back 3 years ago.  Best decision I ever made for myself.  I enjoy it much more than I did in High School. 
ttf_Geezerhorn

Post by ttf_Geezerhorn »

Lol. 46 years "off" here; from age 17 to age 63.

...Geezer
ttf_crazytrombonist505

Post by ttf_crazytrombonist505 »

Welcome back! As stated above, 8 years isn't a terribly long time from being away from your instrument. Good luck starting back up again!  Image
ttf_CJK

Post by ttf_CJK »

Thanks for the replies Image

Been and collected my instrument from the repair shop today, and also treated myself to some new music, as well as replacing some of the stuff that has either turned into "just a trombone part" or "just a piano part" in the time I have been away. It's not got any cheaper has it!

Also finding that the beard I have adopted since last playing makes things different around the chops - might have to consider how close I cut it from now on!
ttf_CJK

Post by ttf_CJK »

Thanks for the replies Image

Been and collected my instrument from the repair shop today, and also treated myself to some new music, as well as replacing some of the stuff that has either turned into "just a trombone part" or "just a piano part" in the time I have been away. It's not got any cheaper has it!

Also finding that the beard I have adopted since last playing makes things different around the chops - might have to consider how close I cut it from now on!

Return to “Beginners and Returning Trombonists”