K & G Mouthpieces 3D Euph Mpce

ttf_John McKevitt

Post by ttf_John McKevitt »

Has anyone tried any of these. I am interested in the 3D as an alternate to my Bach 2G.
It has the same size rim , maybe a bit wider but rounded. I was wondering how there Cup depth, throat and backbore compared. It is actually listed as a Euph mouthpiece on their site. Any input on differences of playing carachteristics would be hepful. Thanks in advance, JJohn McKevitt
ttf_bbocaner

Post by ttf_bbocaner »

I tried a smaller size when they first came out. I like the rim a lot, although I would describe it as semi-flat with a nice comfortable rounding to it, similar to the default Doug Elliott rim or Denis Wick. Their measurements on their web site seem to suggest the mouthpieces are bigger than they really are, so you might want to go one size larger than you think you need.

My biggest problem was that, after trying it out and realizing it wasn't going to work for me, they gave me a really hard time about returning it despite their advertising a 15-day trial policy on their web site. They wrote me and said that they would exchange for a different size, but only ONCE and that they wouldn't offer me the ability to try other sizes. I didn't think this was workable and I asked for a refund, which they took their time in providing -- and they sent the refund as a paypal payment to me rather than as a refund, so I had to pay the commission to paypal. Ugh.

Now that they have a domestic dealer network it might be easier. Shipping mouthpieces back and forth to Malta was a pain.

ttf_John McKevitt

THANKS BBOCANER
ttf_John McKevitt

THANKS BBOCANER

Return to “Mouthpieces”