Old Bach French Style Cases

ttf_Flat5

Post by ttf_Flat5 »

I'm trying to figure the age of a horn based on its case.  When did Bach stop using the French style cases and go to the coffin cases?  Thanks!
ttf_BassBoneFL

Post by ttf_BassBoneFL »

Late-70s I believe
ttf_Sue

Post by ttf_Sue »

Late 70's sounds right. But the French-style case changed through the years. The latest ones used a molded plastic liner for the bell section, not sure when they switched but I would guess it was the early to mid 70's. The earlier ones had a block of wood and plastic tabs to hold the bell section in place.
ttf_greenbean

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Yes, there were several versions of the French case.  Some a little better than others.  But they were all good cases.  And they were ALL better than the big brown rectangle that replaced them!

ttf_Peter Eiden

Post by ttf_Peter Eiden »

Quote from: Sue on Jul 30, 2017, 07:35PMLate 70's sounds right. But the French-style case changed through the years. The latest ones used a molded plastic liner for the bell section, not sure when they switched but I would guess it was the early to mid 70's. The earlier ones had a block of wood and plastic tabs to hold the bell section in place.

My 1976-77 Bach 16 came with a French-style case.  It still had the block of wood and plastic tabs, so maybe the switch-over was a little later.
ttf_Peter Eiden

Post by ttf_Peter Eiden »

Quote from: Sue on Jul 30, 2017, 07:35PMLate 70's sounds right. But the French-style case changed through the years. The latest ones used a molded plastic liner for the bell section, not sure when they switched but I would guess it was the early to mid 70's. The earlier ones had a block of wood and plastic tabs to hold the bell section in place.

My 1976-77 Bach 16 came with a French-style case.  It still had the block of wood and plastic tabs, so maybe the switch-over was a little later.

Return to “Accessories”