How to ship cases

ttf_Sea Dog

How to ship cases

Post by ttf_Sea Dog »

I'm wanting to get rid of my Jupiter case (too big, barely fits in school laocker primarily) and I am wanting to srll it to buy a new one (ifyou  you're interested in an open wrap Jupiter Case...). Because of that, I want to know what would be the best way to ship it.
ttf_baileyman

How to ship cases

Post by ttf_baileyman »

The easiest thing to do is to tie a postal label to the handle and take it to USPS.  No box necessary. 

ttf_anonymous

How to ship cases

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: baileyman on Yesterday at 07:57 AMThe easiest thing to do is to tie a postal label to the handle and take it to USPS.  No box necessary. 

Exactly what the person above me said. I've shipped hard cases and gig bags using only a shipping label. Only time I'd use a box is if there's a horn inside said case.
ttf_Rockymountaintrombone

How to ship cases

Post by ttf_Rockymountaintrombone »

If you want to use a box, I've found that most (but not all) trombone cases fit in a Lamp Box that you can buy at Uhaul. Good sturdy box that doesn't add too much weight or size, and does add some protection. Some bubblewrap, styrofoam peanuts, or just rolled up newspaper will keep the case from moving around inside the box.

Jim Scott
ttf_Rockymountaintrombone

How to ship cases

Post by ttf_Rockymountaintrombone »

If you want to use a box, I've found that most (but not all) trombone cases fit in a Lamp Box that you can buy at Uhaul. Good sturdy box that doesn't add too much weight or size, and does add some protection. Some bubblewrap, styrofoam peanuts, or just rolled up newspaper will keep the case from moving around inside the box.

Jim Scott

Return to “Accessories”