Rath Pricing?

ttf_bbocaner

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_bbocaner »

Is there anything online resembling a price list for Rath instruments? I'm a Shires guy through and through, but I recently toured the Rath workshop in Huddersfield and picked out a very interesting instrument that would be a nice compliment to my Shires stable. I've had great experiences with Dillon Music in the past, and I know they are the sole US dealer for Rath, but the sales people who have gotten back to me with a quote for the instrument I picked out, I don't know and haven't worked with before -- and the price seems on the high side, especially considering the extremely favorable exchange rate right now. I wanted to do a sanity check and make sure I wasn't getting quoted the "chump price" before I pull the (Hagmann) trigger. Thanks.
ttf_Alex McMahon

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_Alex McMahon »

CIOMIT (Colorado Institute of Music Instrument Technolorgy) also appears to sell Rath horns. They are advertising R4Fs with Hagman at just over 5K, and with Rotax at just under 5K.
ttf_Ellrod

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_Ellrod »

I recently bought an alto (not a Rath) online from a London shop and had it delivered from England at a reasonable cost. There would be import duty on a Rath. No VAT if you buy online.
ttf_Rockymountaintrombone

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_Rockymountaintrombone »

You could also check out The Gramophone in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - remember to convert the CDN $$ prices to US. These days that conversion will bring a smile to your face, and is a lot more problematic with deals going the opposite direction. Just be aware that shipping would bring the price up a bit.

Jim Scott
ttf_bbocaner

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_bbocaner »

Quote from: Alex McMahon on Jun 25, 2017, 12:31PMCIOMIT (Colorado Institute of Music Instrument Technolorgy) also appears to sell Rath horns. They are advertising R4Fs with Hagman at just over 5K, and with Rotax at just under 5K.

Interesting. Anyone know what the upcharges are for a screw bell made of nickel-silver?

ttf_harrison.t.reed

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_harrison.t.reed »

I did see two or three Haggmann instruments on display there at CIOMIT. I thought they were courtois.
ttf_HouBassTrombone

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_HouBassTrombone »

The upcharge for nickel and screw bell is kinda high!
ttf_bbocaner

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_bbocaner »

well, that might explain why I'm seeing the price I'm seeing, then!
ttf_jack

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_jack »

Why not ask Raths directly?
ttf_Roscotrombone

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_Roscotrombone »

To put it simply Rath = f#$¥ing expensive!!

ttf_bbocaner

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_bbocaner »

Quote from: jack on Today at 09:15 AMWhy not ask Raths directly?

They'll only talk pricing with me if I'm buying directly from them which they'll only do in person. They won't let me self-import. I can understand them wanting to protect their local dealer.
ttf_bbocaner

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_bbocaner »

It's a really good idea that Ellrod had to get a quote from a UK dealer, though. I'm gonna do that.
ttf_Stewbones43

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_Stewbones43 »

Quote from: bbocaner on Today at 10:19 AMIt's a really good idea that Ellrod had to get a quote from a UK dealer, though. I'm gonna do that.

The only UK dealer other than Rath's is John Packer. https://www.johnpacker.co.uk/shop/brass-instruments/trombone/range/professional/brand/rath

Cheers

Stewbones
ttf_bbocaner

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_bbocaner »

Quote from: Stewbones43 on Today at 10:49 AMThe only UK dealer other than Rath's is John Packer. https://www.johnpacker.co.uk/shop/brass-instruments/trombone/range/professional/brand/rath

Cheers

Stewbones

Haha... and Packer won't sell to Americans. Well played, Rath. Well played.
ttf_daveyboy37

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_daveyboy37 »

Quote from: bbocaner on Today at 11:14 AMHaha... and Packer won't sell to Americans. Well played, Rath. Well played.
??? This is STANDARD in just about any industry. They don't want to compete with themselves, or either dealers in other countries. Different markets, different prices.
ttf_DaveBb

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_DaveBb »

ttf_bbocaner

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_bbocaner »

Quote from: daveyboy37 on Today at 12:07 PM ??? This is STANDARD in just about any industry. They don't want to compete with themselves, or either dealers in other countries. Different markets, different prices.

Yes, but they usually don't do such a thorough job of enforcing it. I buy lots of instruments from overseas.
ttf_Sliphorn

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Quote from: bbocaner on Jun 25, 2017, 05:07PMInteresting. Anyone know what the upcharges are for a screw bell made of nickel-silver?

My goodness, that sounds amazing...
ttf_wgwbassbone

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_wgwbassbone »

Quote from: HouBassTrombone on Jun 25, 2017, 05:34PMThe upcharge for nickel and screw bell is kinda high!

How do you know?
ttf_MikeBMiller

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_MikeBMiller »

I payed around $4,400 for mine with a rotax last year at ATW. Dillons gave me a good trade in on my Edwards or there is no way I could have afforded it.
ttf_MikeBMiller

Rath Pricing?

Post by ttf_MikeBMiller »

I payed around $4,400 for mine with a rotax last year at ATW. Dillons gave me a good trade in on my Edwards or there is no way I could have afforded it.

Return to “Instruments”