Conn 60H C ("Preacher") Trombone

ttf_Larry Preston Roberson

Post by ttf_Larry Preston Roberson »

I've seen the 60H C, sometimes called the "Preacher" model, online before:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282496978425?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It looks like a fairly nice specimen. I'm not interested in buying it, but I thought I would share it with the forum. Has anyone played one of these? Are they high pitch, low pitch, or modern tuning. Does it have full seven positions for both turnings? I know that the Yamaha YSL-350C does not. Although, the Yamaha would have a more acceptable modern sound. Also, what I found it curious that this 60H C is dated to around 1912-1913 and has a slide lock. When did Conn begin having slide locks on their trombones? And, was it not offered on all models? Because, a few years ago I play tested a 1950s era, I believe, 8H and it dd not have a slide lock.

Just for the record, I am not associated with the auction or seller. I look forward to any information on this specimen of trombone history.
ttf_Larry Preston Roberson

Post by ttf_Larry Preston Roberson »

I've seen the 60H C, sometimes called the "Preacher" model, online before:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282496978425?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It looks like a fairly nice specimen. I'm not interested in buying it, but I thought I would share it with the forum. Has anyone played one of these? Are they high pitch, low pitch, or modern tuning. Does it have full seven positions for both turnings? I know that the Yamaha YSL-350C does not. Although, the Yamaha would have a more acceptable modern sound. Also, what I found it curious that this 60H C is dated to around 1912-1913 and has a slide lock. When did Conn begin having slide locks on their trombones? And, was it not offered on all models? Because, a few years ago I play tested a 1950s era, I believe, 8H and it dd not have a slide lock.

Just for the record, I am not associated with the auction or seller. I look forward to any information on this specimen of trombone history.

Return to “Found on the Net”