Project Horn!

ttf_kwbryson

Project Horn!

Post by ttf_kwbryson »

One of my trombone colleagues just gifted me a bit of a frankenstien valve trombone.  It has a valve block from a 60s era King 2b valve trombone & bell section from a 30s era H N White Liberty.  I couldn't care that much about the valve block-- I'm not a big valve trombone guy, but I did find that old bell plays really well with a King 3B hand slide I own.  Only problem is the two don't quite link up because of the difference in bore size- the threads for the tightening washer are a few millimeters too far away.

Anybody have ideas about how to get them to link up correctly?  Or I suppose the alternative if I really want to use that bell would be to fine2b sized hand slide for it, but I don't know if there's a place you could find just a used handslide for sale.
ttf_Matt K

Project Horn!

Post by ttf_Matt K »

The bore size actually isn't the problem. The tenons are different t between the various king models. A tech can order the appropriate one for existing models and solder it on. Parts and labor would be $50-$100 generally
ttf_novalvz

Project Horn!

Post by ttf_novalvz »

Pm sent
ttf_novalvz

Project Horn!

Post by ttf_novalvz »

Another pm sent.
ttf_greenbean

Project Horn!

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Private Message (PM) sent!
ttf_Dukesboneman

Project Horn!

Post by ttf_Dukesboneman »

I have a `50`s 2B Valve trombone with a `53 Nickel tempo bell that plays amazing
ttf_Dukesboneman

Project Horn!

Post by ttf_Dukesboneman »

I have a `50`s 2B Valve trombone with a `53 Nickel tempo bell that plays amazing

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”