Conn 88h 1981 rotor cleaning

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello I am brand new to the forum and joined to ask if anyone has access to a manual for a Conn 88h trombone from the 1980's. or if such a manual even exists. I am trying to disassemble my rotor to clean it properly rather than just running soapy water though it. the rotor is string attached. Any information is appreciated. Thank you
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

For disassembly and reassembly, there is a section on the Osmun Brass site dealing with rotary valves.  It's geared to horn valves, but the principles still apply.

If you've never done it, have a good tech show you how.  If you don't do it right you can really mess up the valve action.  Especially when putting it back together.

For what it's worth, I've never seen a "user manual" for a Conn 88H -- or any other trombone.  There are a couple of books on instrument repair not necessarily geared to Conn trombones. 

Good luck.
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

For disassembly and reassembly, there is a section on the Osmun Brass site dealing with rotary valves.  It's geared to horn valves, but the principles still apply.

If you've never done it, have a good tech show you how.  If you don't do it right you can really mess up the valve action.  Especially when putting it back together.

For what it's worth, I've never seen a "user manual" for a Conn 88H -- or any other trombone.  There are a couple of books on instrument repair not necessarily geared to Conn trombones. 

Good luck.

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”