To trumpet doublers: double tenor case for trumpet/flugel and trigger trombone?

ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

As my title says - I never tried, but wonder what is better to use - a double tenor trombone case, such as MB to carry around to gigs a trumpet or flugelhorn and a tenor trombone, or a separate case for every one of them? I would prefer one case, but I am not sure how practical and SAFE it would be. In addition, these are not cheap.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Marcus Bonna cases offer a lot of protection and if you are ordering new you would probably be able to have him make one that would fit the exact instruments you carry.

ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

I didn't know MB were that customisable. How do I do that? Contact a dealer and say what I want it to fit?
ttf_Ketch22

Post by ttf_Ketch22 »

I use separate cases for trumpet / flugel / cornet / trombone. I rarely use more than two of them at any one rehearsal/gig. I don't like carrying around instruments I don't need, or big double and triple cases when I need only one instrument. All my cases are Protec with backpack straps (and shoulder straps) so carrying two cases isn't much of an issue. And if my wife comes along with me she might carry one of them Image.

Still having more fun than I should on trombone! Just squeaked out a double high Bb the other day. Totally unusable in performance, but I was impressed. Image

K22
ttf_pedrombon

Post by ttf_pedrombon »

A friend of mine has a Tortajada double case (for alto & tenor). His 36B and Bach trumpet fit perfectly on it. Completely customizable.

http://www.tortajadamusic.com/catalogo/1452-estuches-fiber-line-tortajada-music/1512-estuches-trombon-t-m/p-16905-estuche-2-trombones-fibra-t-m#.WSdurkDtY0M
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

Quote from: pedrombon on May 25, 2017, 05:11PMA friend of mine has a Tortajada double case (for alto & tenor). His 36B and Bach trumpet fit perfectly on it. Completely customizable.

http://www.tortajadamusic.com/catalogo/1452-estuches-fiber-line-tortajada-music/1512-estuches-trombon-t-m/p-16905-estuche-2-trombones-fibra-t-m#.WSdurkDtY0M

Looks interesting. An important advantage for me is, that is made and sold in Europe. I didn't saw anything about prices, so I guess that I need to drop them a message.
ttf_pedrombon

Post by ttf_pedrombon »

Here a dealer from Málaga: https://lamusainstrumentos.es/tortajada-allfiber-for-2-trombones.html

Good price for a great compact double case!
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

I contacted torjada and they offered me even a better price. (250EUR)
ttf_pedrombon

Post by ttf_pedrombon »

Great! Shipped?
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

Not ready for that purchase yet, but when get some more free cash this is going to be my first and possibly the only double trombone case. They seem like nice people to buy stuff from. (I am paying 300$ to start trumpet lessons with Larry Meregilano on trumpet to hopefully further a bit faster my jazz chops)
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

Not ready for that purchase yet, but when get some more free cash this is going to be my first and possibly the only double trombone case. They seem like nice people to buy stuff from. (I am paying 300$ to start trumpet lessons with Larry Meregilano on trumpet to hopefully further a bit faster my jazz chops)

Return to “Accessories”