Eastman ETB 848 bass trombone

ttf_Tanner hunter

Post by ttf_Tanner hunter »

In the market for a bass trombone and came across the etb848, its reasonably priced (for a new bass trombone) at 2,960. Cant find any reveiw online or a one at a store so I wandering if any of you have an opinion.
ttf_Gabe Langfur

Post by ttf_Gabe Langfur »

I had the prototype last summer. It was excellent. I played it very happily in a professional setting.
ttf_conn88plyr

Post by ttf_conn88plyr »

Quote from: Tanner hunter on May 12, 2017, 04:11PMIn the market for a bass trombone and came across the etb848, its reasonably priced (for a new bass trombone) at 2,960. Cant find any reveiw online or a one at a store so I wandering if any of you have an opinion.

I really like the 848 as well.  I find it to be a responsive instrument with a balanced sound, great intonation, and very well built.  With the dual independent rotors it may not be open enough for a full-time pro bass trombonist but as a tenor player who doubles on bass it certainly does the job for me.  I think this instrument has the potential of becoming a favorite for schools looking for an affordable bass bone and a good fit for someone looking for a very good performance-level bass.  I am planning to keep one in stock in the shop for the foreseeable future!
ttf_Dan Hine

Post by ttf_Dan Hine »

Quote from: conn88plyr on Today at 08:04 AMI really like the 848 as well.  I find it to be a responsive instrument with a balanced sound, great intonation, and very well built.  With the dual independent rotors it may not be open enough for a full-time pro bass trombonist but as a tenor player who doubles on bass it certainly does the job for me.  I think this instrument has the potential of becoming a favorite for schools looking for an affordable bass bone and a good fit for someone looking for a very good performance-level bass.  I am planning to keep one in stock in the shop for the foreseeable future!

I was going to post a similar experience.  Interestingly enough, about the very instrument you have.  I was in Schmitt Music a few weeks ago and the Eastman bass played great.  I mentioned to Ben that I could see a combination of the Eastman bass with a Griego 1.5 would be a great recommendation.
ttf_Driving Park

Post by ttf_Driving Park »

I played one at ITF last year and I legitimately thought it was a Shires until they told me what it was. It absolutely blew me away. If I had to buy a new bass this second I'd buy one without a second thought.
ttf_Driving Park

Post by ttf_Driving Park »

I played one at ITF last year and I legitimately thought it was a Shires until they told me what it was. It absolutely blew me away. If I had to buy a new bass this second I'd buy one without a second thought.

Return to “Instruments”