Trombone slide case

ttf_norbie2009

Trombone slide case

Post by ttf_norbie2009 »

Hello,

I know Conn makes one (Conn SLC4 Trombone Slide Case), but will it fit wide slides?

If not, what are my alternatives?

Thanks!
Michael
ttf_Rockymountaintrombone

Trombone slide case

Post by ttf_Rockymountaintrombone »

Not sure if you're interested in one for daily use, or for storing/shipping, but the Slide Doctor makes one for the latter. Wooden box with fitted styrofoam to the shape of the slide that it will be used for. Reasonable price if i remember correctly.

Jim Scott
ttf_bassboneman

Trombone slide case

Post by ttf_bassboneman »

Quote from: Rockymountaintrombone on Apr 22, 2017, 02:40PMNot sure if you're interested in one for daily use, or for storing/shipping, but the Slide Doctor makes one for the latter. Wooden box with fitted styrofoam to the shape of the slide that it will be used for. Reasonable price if i remember correctly.

Jim Scott
x2
ttf_JimArcher

Trombone slide case

Post by ttf_JimArcher »

Quote from: bassboneman on Apr 22, 2017, 04:37PMx2
Second that, I have two and two or three sets of the foam inserts (one for my bass slide, the other two the same smaller size).  Great for storing and/or the shipping.  I recently used the box to transport a bass slide to my favorite local (Music and Arts) repair shoppe.  And since I use an Edwards slide on my Bach bass, I store its orig. Bach slide in one of the boxes. 
ttf_LeoInFL

Trombone slide case

Post by ttf_LeoInFL »

I have one of the Conn slide cases. The slide of my Getzen 3047AFR is wider than my Conn slides and it fits just fine. It does stick out above the slots of the case, but the lid has about an inch of soft padding on it so the lid will close and latch.
ttf_greenbean

Trombone slide case

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Yeah, the Conn slide cases are great.  Taylor Music has been selling them for $95 for a long time.  WELL worth it!  I don't think I have ever put a Bach slide in it.  I can do that if you say the word.
ttf_greenbean

Trombone slide case

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Yeah, the Conn slide cases are great.  Taylor Music has been selling them for $95 for a long time.  WELL worth it!  I don't think I have ever put a Bach slide in it.  I can do that if you say the word.

Return to “Accessories”