Develop qualities

ttf_anonymous

Develop qualities

Post by ttf_anonymous »

What to practice for develop tehnique,articulation,resistance,stability,high notes and low notes.
You know what method and exercise play for this ?  Image
ttf_JohnL

Develop qualities

Post by ttf_JohnL »

I have a mouthpiece and a trombone that will do everything for you. You just have to break it in by practicing four hours a day for ten years.
ttf_bigbassbone1

Develop qualities

Post by ttf_bigbassbone1 »

That is definitely one of the weirdest questions I have seen posted on the forum....

Is your question meant to say "How do I see regular improvement in my ability on the trombone"? If it is, there is no secret answer.... save some money for lessons with a professional and practice diligently everything they tell you. If you cannot get direct one on one lessons, there are plenty of fantastic players who have uploaded great advice on practice and technique tips to youtube. That is the next best thing to take advantage of.

It sounds like you are expecting someone to answer with a secret method that gets you good very fast. Definitely doesn't exist, and i would be careful listening to anyone who says it does. It takes years of hard work. I cant think of any professional trombone player that hasn't practiced VERY hard at some point in their career.
ttf_vegasbound

Develop qualities

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

You take your horn, mouthpiece and have lessons, then you practice what the teacher gets you to do a guess what....you improve every day!
ttf_timothy42b

Develop qualities

Post by ttf_timothy42b »

Let's be a little less critical, this may not be a native English speaker and he may not be expressing himself clearly.

Of course a teacher is a good idea but if he's looking for a method book to work on, there are some suggestions we can give depending on his level.

Remington is still a standard choice.

The Michael Davis warmups are excellent, and they come with a playalong CD.  That 15 minute warmup could get you a long way.

There is a Reinhardt routines book that has a programmed 11 day cycle or something like that, and a lot of good stuff, but some of the exercises need a specialized teacher to explain.

There is a standard method that most people in Europe use, but I'm blanking on the name at the moment.

ttf_timothy42b

Develop qualities

Post by ttf_timothy42b »

Let's be a little less critical, this may not be a native English speaker and he may not be expressing himself clearly.

Of course a teacher is a good idea but if he's looking for a method book to work on, there are some suggestions we can give depending on his level.

Remington is still a standard choice.

The Michael Davis warmups are excellent, and they come with a playalong CD.  That 15 minute warmup could get you a long way.

There is a Reinhardt routines book that has a programmed 11 day cycle or something like that, and a lot of good stuff, but some of the exercises need a specialized teacher to explain.

There is a standard method that most people in Europe use, but I'm blanking on the name at the moment.

Return to “Beginners and Returning Trombonists”