Miraphone Bass trombones

ttf_Larry Preston Roberson

Miraphone Bass trombones

Post by ttf_Larry Preston Roberson »

I've found a couple of Miraphone Bass trombones on eBay (I have no connection to these auctions or sellers):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirafone-bass-trombone-/262892523145?hash=item3d359d8e89:g:cT0AAOSw4A5Yxbm9
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirafone-bass-trombone-/292056731251?hash=item43fff00e73:g:~nAAAOSwsW9YyYKl

Opinions vary. Anyone played any of the configurations. I'm not in the market, unless it was to flip them; But it doesn't look like a good investment. I like Miraphone tubas and I'd like to try to try the Euphoniums. Feel free to chime in.
ttf_Matt K

Miraphone Bass trombones

Post by ttf_Matt K »

I had an inline bass. Spec wise it seems like it should be a good horn, but I thought it was pretty stuffy. I did use a Bach slide with it so maybe their leadpipes or something are more open blowing than that to compensate. 

However, I ended up selling it to someone who said they really liked the way it played. I did sell it with a different slide (shoutout to Graham Middleton who did the work on that one!) and that particular slide played pretty well. It had bronze outers and an oversized crook from what I recall. 

So is it worth buying to flip? Probably not. But you might get lucky. For better or for worse, single valve basses just aren't in that high of a demand and adding a second valve to these would be more expensive than the labor unless you're a tech. At least thats my 2c.
ttf_Matt K

Miraphone Bass trombones

Post by ttf_Matt K »

I had an inline bass. Spec wise it seems like it should be a good horn, but I thought it was pretty stuffy. I did use a Bach slide with it so maybe their leadpipes or something are more open blowing than that to compensate. 

However, I ended up selling it to someone who said they really liked the way it played. I did sell it with a different slide (shoutout to Graham Middleton who did the work on that one!) and that particular slide played pretty well. It had bronze outers and an oversized crook from what I recall. 

So is it worth buying to flip? Probably not. But you might get lucky. For better or for worse, single valve basses just aren't in that high of a demand and adding a second valve to these would be more expensive than the labor unless you're a tech. At least thats my 2c.

Return to “Found on the Net”