Boy Scout Ranks

ttf_anonymous

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I was just curious to see how many former or current Boy Scouts that we have on the forum. I began as a Cub Scout and continued through Boy Scouts and I'm almost finished with my Eagle. My Eagle project consisted of clearing hiking trails in a commonly used conservation forest that were covered in fallen trees and debris that had been there since the 2004 hurricane season and the rebulding of an observation boardwalk (that overlooks a protected wildife lake) that was burned in an out of control controlled burn (ironically). If you're an Eagle Scout, please feel free to tell what your project was. PLEASE don't make this topic a criticism of the Boy Scouts in any way. To all of you parents who are considering putting your child in the Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts, I would highly recommend it. In my experience, being a Boy Scout has brought many rewarding experiences and has taught me many important lessons and skills.

-muzikman

ttf_BGuttman

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

I was missing one merit badge for Eagle.  Personal Fitness.  I was a fat clumsy kid and couldn't meet the requirements without cheating.  They would have let me cheat (e.g. do the pullups one at a time on different days) but I refused.  So not quite Eagle.

I was one of the champion campers when I was a Scout.  Built shelters on all types of terrain.  Make fireplaces by digging a pit and lining it with rocks.  I would be the guy who laid the huge campfire and set up "magic" starts. 

But fat and clumsy made Personal Fitness out of the question and it was a required merit badge.

ttf_jonathanmatos4

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_jonathanmatos4 »

i dropped out of the boy scouts because they wouldn't let me progress at my own pace. they wanted me to slow way down and play by the rules.

my parents were the den parents so when i had free time i worked on badges at a pace that was beyond what everyone else was at. i was apparently too young to continue to the next group but done with everything in the handbook for my age group. Image

all i really wanted to do is play with fire anyway. Image

i did manage to win regionals for the pinewood derby though Image

ttf_bachbone

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_bachbone »

Whoo!  only eagle palms on there!

I got my eagle right after my 16th birthday.  My goal was to do it when I was 15, but Oregon weather got in the way of that.

My project was to paint basketball court lines on 3 different basketball courts.  Sure enough, it started raining the day paint was suppose to go on.   Image

The only reason 15 was the magic number was to get a steak dinner!  About a week short... But hey!  at least I got it before my 18th birthday unlike most!
ttf_JimArcher

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_JimArcher »

Missed two badges for Eagle, Swimming & Life Saving.  Didn't discover until years later that I couldn't float, so any early lessons I had just didn't take. 
ttf_RedHotMama

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

This is a rather sexist poll!

Our female equivalent is the Brownies. As a nipper, I went once and hated it so much that I never went again....
ttf_BGuttman

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: RedHotMama on Feb 15, 2009, 05:25AMThis is a rather sexist poll!

Our female equivalent is the Brownies. As a nipper, I went once and hated it so much that I never went again....

Actually, the organization here is called Girl Scouts.  The youngsters are called Brownies, then Girl Scouts, and Senior Scouts.  The Boy Scout equivalents are Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Explorers.  My wife was a Senior Scout.

ttf_sly fox

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_sly fox »

Quote from: BGuttman on Feb 15, 2009, 05:32AMActually, the organization here is called Girl Scouts.  The youngsters are called Brownies, then Girl Scouts, and Senior Scouts.  The Boy Scout equivalents are Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Explorers.  My wife was a Senior Scout.

US BSA

W D Boyce was in London and aided by a Scout.  Came back and registered name of Boy Scouts of America in 1910.  200th Anniversay is coming up.

Age related orginization:  Tiger, Cub Scout, WEBELOS I and II (We will Be LO Scouts) Boy Scouts, Varsity, Explorers, Venturers.    Both Explorers and Venturers are co-ed.

Scout Leadership now is Co-Ed

I was Life Scout, lacking 1 merit Badge and project.  got scared of Project and did not finish.

Brotherhood OA  Order of Arrow is Scout Honor Society based on Service and Camping.  Open to Adults and Scouts.  Must be voted in by members of your troop.  Three levels Ordeal, Brotherhood and Vigil.

<Edit: Quote fixed by Moderator>

ttf_djdekok

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_djdekok »

my 13-year old is First Class and will hit Star some time this summer.  His old man only made 2nd class but went to Philmont anyway... Image

My radlib brother made Star but quit soon after--it wasn't cool to be with the "little kids".  Now for him it isn't PC...
ttf_BGuttman

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: sly fox on Feb 15, 2009, 06:12AMUS BSA

W D Boyce was in London and aided by a Scout.  Came back and registered name of Boy Scouts of America in 1910.  200th Anniversay is coming up.

Age related orginization:  Tiger, Cub Scout, WEBELOS I and II (We will Be LO Scouts) Boy Scouts, Varsity, Explorers, Venturers.    Both Explorers and Venturers are co-ed.

Scout Leadership now is Co-Ed

I was Life Scout, lacking 1 merit Badge and project.  got scared of Project and did not finish.

Brotherhood OA  Order of Arrow is Scout Honor Society based on Service and Camping.  Open to Adults and Scouts.  Must be voted in by members of your troop.  Three levels Ordeal, Brotherhood and Vigil.

<Edit: Quote fixed by Moderator>

You got some kind of Time Machine?  Founded in 1910 and 200th anniversary next year? Image Image Image

Lots more divisions now.  I participated in the 50th Anniversary Exposition in New York -- 50 years ago.  Demonstrated brewing Sassafras Tea, and fly tying.  Never did it before in my life.  Gave a fly to somebody and he told me later he actually caught a trout with it.  Dumb luck.

Ordeal member OA.  Ran out of time and had to curtail Scouts activities.
ttf_sly fox

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_sly fox »

Quote from: BGuttman on Feb 15, 2009, 06:23AMYou got some kind of Time Machine?  Founded in 1910 and 200th anniversary next year? Image Image Image

Lots more divisions now.  I participated in the 50th Anniversary Exposition in New York -- 50 years ago.  Demonstrated brewing Sassafras Tea, and fly tying.  Never did it before in my life.  Gave a fly to somebody and he told me later he actually caught a trout with it.  Dumb luck.

Ordeal member OA.  Ran out of time and had to curtail Scouts activities.

two problems,

1 not math major, 100th anniversary coming up

2 no coffee yet,

that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

you could always be an adult leader and active as an adult in OA.  Boys run it, adults advise, drink coffee and talk about the "good old days"
ttf_MoominDave

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_MoominDave »

Were these two projects for the same qualification? They seem to offer entirely different levels of challenge.  Image

Quote from: muzikman on Feb 14, 2009, 03:47PMMy Eagle project consisted of clearing hiking trails in a commonly used conservation forest that were covered in fallen trees and debris that had been there since the 2004 hurricane season and the rebulding of an observation boardwalk (that overlooks a protected wildife lake) that was burned in an out of control controlled burn (ironically).
Quote from: bachbone on Feb 14, 2009, 06:06PMMy project was to paint basketball court lines on 3 different basketball courts.

ttf_Baron von Bone

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_Baron von Bone »

I was in a military Explorer troop and became the troop commander (Cadet Major or something like that--the troopie CO type), but I was only a Cub Scout for probably a Summer, and only dropped in on one of the local regular Boy Scout troops a few times as a kid (in junior high or early high school). Dunno if there's any real equivalencies between my military Explorer troop and the standard issue Scouts, but I doubt it. I was only an Explorer troopie for about a year before I headed out to basic training. If I recall the staff "officers" met once a week, and the whole troop met once a month. We trained with our local National Guard unit's full timers and some Guard DIs (not during their drills) and mostly bivouaced and played war games (i.e. camped out and chased each other around the woods at night trying to shoot each other with water guns and such).

Yup.

Byron
ttf_BFW

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_BFW »

Quote from: RedHotMama on Feb 15, 2009, 05:25AMThis is a rather sexist poll!
There's also no option for males who were never either Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts.

I was in the Cub Scouts, briefly, never the Boy Scouts.  I don't care for the policies of the national organization right now, and I am glad that the local council has disavowed those policies.  I used to be a member of Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity, an organization that has a loose affiliation with the Boy Scouts.
ttf_sly fox

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_sly fox »

Quote from: MoominDave on Feb 15, 2009, 06:52AMWere these two projects for the same qualification? They seem to offer entirely different levels of challenge.  Image

my son is one merit badge and an Eagle Project away from his Eagle rank.  As explained to use the Eagle project:

1.  can no longer be done to benefit Scouting, that is, no more projects at the Scout Camp building trails, bridges, or similar

2.  the project must show the planning, materials that will be needed, how materials were obtained, how voleenters sought, actual work done, aftermath, etc.

3.  different projects for different scouts, an "at need" scout might have a different project than one who is not "at need".

4.  projects must be preapproved.

so yes, one scout's eagle project may be different level of challenge than another's.  They are judging not only the Project but the Scout's ability to plan, communicate, organize and lead.
ttf_anonymous

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: MoominDave on Feb 15, 2009, 06:52AMWere these two projects for the same qualification? They seem to offer entirely different levels of challenge.  Image

Well the level of difficulty of Eagle Projects depends on the project idea and the BSA district. The Eagle Committee in my district is known for demanding intensive projects, generally projects with less than 100 manhours are rejected here. My project was 222 hours total, which is more than is necessary but I wanted to make sure that the results of the project would last for years to come. Sly Fox is absolutely correct, a big part of the project is actually the project approval. I spent 18 hours just writing up my project workbook for submission to the committee for approval, and it was 27 pages long for just the inital submission. When considering approving a project, the Eagle Committee checks every logistical aspect to make sure that the Eagle candidate has covered everything that is necessary for the success of the project.

-muzikman
ttf_bachbone

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_bachbone »

One other requirement is to do something that you are interested in and something that stretches you.  I was a blazer fan at the time and wondered how basketball court lines were made.  My first thought was that it would be easy as MoominDave probably thinks, but I soon learned that it was a hard profession.

Considering levels of challenge:

Both projects seem reasonably hard in their own ways.  Clearing trails has the physical aspect to it.  Getting others to attend is hard as no one wants to leave their warm beds on the morning of the project.  Usually the board would want a little extra out of you like building a bench or something along those lines which is also tedious to think of.  I like the other project being that they made the trails available again to other people.  It is more of a NEED to the community rather than a WANT.  Basketball court lines are not necessary needs for the community but more of a WANT.  But it still makes me happy when I see people using them.

Painting basketball court lines is more mental than physical.  I still had to get a workforce together, and get tools for the job.  The hardest part of painting basketball court lines was learning the trigonometry behind it and getting the supplies.

Personally, I didn't want to spend any money on tools or supplies, so I went to all of the local stores and asked for donations for the job.  Denied a couple of times, but Ace Hardware and Parker Paints stepped it up.  $90 dollars worth of paint from Ace and about $45 worth of painting materials from Parker Paints(brushes, rollers, tape)

One other thing needed for the job was a piece of equipment worth over $2000.  No store would be willing to give it away, let alone lend it off to a 15 year old.  This could get hard...  Luckily an adult adviser had a relative who owned a floors business in Idaho.  He was willing to ship it to me to begin painting.

Painting is not the only thing done.  There has to be preparation as well.  I got the service of the city of Forest Grove to supply me with power washers.  Pretty good power washers.  They were just like shooting a high powered rifle (not at scout camp).  A crew of about 5 did the job.  If paint was laid down without a power washing, the paint would just run off along with the dirt under it.

I know that doing an eagle project will make you learn many new things.  I am not sure which eagle project is harder, but I know that I was stretched at the age of 15/16.

Never before have I asked for donations, never before have I borrowed a $2000 piece of equipment, never before was I in charge of 40 people doing service, never before have I learned the value of trigonometry or even displayed my full leadership among others the way I did during my Eagle Project.

The eagle project is one of the biggest stumbling blocks when getting the Eagle rank.  Glad I did it!  Image
ttf_MoominDave

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_MoominDave »

There's obviously more to painting lines on basketball courts than I had realised!  Image

ttf_bachbone

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_bachbone »

Quote from: MoominDave on Feb 16, 2009, 02:23AMThere's obviously more to painting lines on basketball courts than I had realised!  Image

It is OK.  I thought it was going to be easier than it actually was, but I learned something.

Koda
ttf_djdekok

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_djdekok »

Quote from: BFW on Feb 15, 2009, 08:04AMThere's also no option for males who were never either Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts.

I was in the Cub Scouts, briefly, never the Boy Scouts.  I don't care for the policies of the national organization right now, and I am glad that the local council has disavowed those policies.  I used to be a member of Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity, an organization that has a loose affiliation with the Boy Scouts.
Our council (Cradle of Liberty in Greater Philadelphia) is going to lose its lease on its building downtown because corrupt former (thank God) Mayor John Street (think Kwame Kilpatrick with Don King's hair)and the Dems on City Council decided that it didn't like its membership policy.  With all the problems that Philadelphia has, the city has no business disavowing itself from an organization that, if enough people openly supported it, would go a long way in solving those problems.
ttf_metalhead\m/

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_metalhead\m/ »

i never became an actual boyscout, i was a cubscout and looking for troops to join.  I went camping with a couple different troops but they all kinda scared the crap out of me so i felt that i dodged a bullet
ttf_john sandhagen

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_john sandhagen »

I was second class...barely...just enough to be allowed on the canoe trips.

My son (14) just got his Life and just has a couple of merit badges and a project to get Eagle.  He frequently reminds me of my rank...I remind him that he pays no rent...yet.

I would hope that people choose an Eagle project that has a sincere and lasting value...but I understand that at 17 and 11/12s ANY project starts to look good.

We just got back from a trip to Joshua Natl park.  They boys kept finding big horn sheep dropping...which tells you they may have been higher up in the rock than I was comfortable with Image

Summer of '01 we are going to Philmont.  Our troop has been very fortunate, 04, 06, 08 also...I have to figure out how to go 12 days without a beer and hike 100 miles in flip flops...
ttf_bachbone

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_bachbone »

I wish they had the trombone merit badge!  but I guess it all revolves around the bugle!  Image

Hey John, at least you got to 2nd class!  Some barely even pass tenderfoot!
ttf_woulverine

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_woulverine »

I went right trough from Keas (6-8) through cubs to scouts, went to two New Zealand Jamborees but drifted out of it as other things came along later on.

Down in this part of the world we have two organizations, The Scout Association and Girl Guides. And the top awards here are Chief Scout and Queen (or King depending on the reighning monarch) Scout award. Cheif Scout is about the highest award youth members can attain while the queen scout is for rovers who have worked through the system. the  Queen Scout award is to be completed before the age of 21.
ttf_BGuttman

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: bachbone on Feb 16, 2009, 03:24PMI wish they had the trombone merit badge!  but I guess it all revolves around the bugle!  Image

Hey John, at least you got to 2nd class!  Some barely even pass tenderfoot!

When I was a Boy Scout (remember, I participated in the 50th Anniversary Exposition!) we had a Music merit badge, and i played 3 tunes on trombone.  I also had to demonstrate how to read treble clef ( Image Image Image ).  The stuff I played would probably not tax a 4th grader, but it got me the merit badge.

ttf_bachbone

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_bachbone »

Quote from: BGuttman on Feb 16, 2009, 07:24PMWhen I was a Boy Scout (remember, I participated in the 50th Anniversary Exposition!) we had a Music merit badge, and i played 3 tunes on trombone.  I also had to demonstrate how to read treble clef ( Image Image Image ).  The stuff I played would probably not tax a 4th grader, but it got me the merit badge.

The music merit badge?  I wish they had a trombone merit badge!  The counselors wouldn't let me use my trombone for a bugle!  I can't believe that!  Image
ttf_BGuttman

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: bachbone on Feb 16, 2009, 07:45PMThe music merit badge?  I wish they had a trombone merit badge!  The counselors wouldn't let me use my trombone for a bugle!  I can't believe that!  Image

Interesting.  I was permitted to play Taps for my father on my alto trombone (and I asked his Veterans' Organization in advance).
ttf_bachbone

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_bachbone »

Quote from: BGuttman on Feb 16, 2009, 07:52PMInteresting.  I was permitted to play Taps for my father on my alto trombone (and I asked his Veterans' Organization in advance).

I guess that some people have different standards than others.  Matter of fact, some people call trombones trumpets and trumpets bugles, so what is the difference?

Served as the troop bugler for a while, and brought my trombone to a hike or 2.  Kinda fun especially when people pass you by and give you weird confused looks.   Image

They asked me to play reveille on trombone for a cub scout flag raising ceremony.  Well... At least it isn't the end of the world...
ttf_evan51

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_evan51 »

Quote from: bachbone on Feb 16, 2009, 07:45PM The counselors wouldn't let me use my trombone for a bugle!  I can't believe that!  Image
Bugles aren't that hard to play for trombonists are actually kind of fun. Get over it! Image
ttf_bachbone

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_bachbone »

Quote from: evan51 on Feb 16, 2009, 08:38PMBugles aren't that hard to play for trombonists are actually kind of fun. Get over it! Image

I guess you are right, but it would be so much cooler with a trombone!   Image
ttf_anonymous

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_anonymous »

While I was only a Cub Scout, my trombone playing son was an Eagle and my tuba playing step-son did everything but his Eagle project.  Just couldn't talk him into doing his project. 
ttf_Woolworth

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_Woolworth »

I came into Scouting a little late (7th grade) and made it to Life before I mustered out.  My first Merit Badge was "Music".
ttf_john sandhagen

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_john sandhagen »

I helped my son make a bugle from parts around the shop...cornet bell, a couple of 3B crooks, etc...in Eb with a glow in the dark Kelly 12C...that I cut about 1/4" of the rim to make it shallower.  Works good, more of an English wide throated bugle sound as opposed to the trumpety standard bugle.  No tuning slide...no point, no other Eb bugles to play in tune with and the G (standard) or Bb would be weird in parrallel 3rds or 5ths...

Woulverine, we have a scout that spent a year in Scotland...cool for him (neat uniform!), but unfortunately the rank/award systems are completely different.  He has to redo quite a few things...

ttf_djdekok

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_djdekok »

I brought my trombone to Youth Conservation Corps camp in 1976, and played taps for my fellow campers (who thought I was a few bricks short of a load, but then I wasn't the one standing out on the cabin porch in my underwear).  Unfortunately, I had to stop when threatened by U-M forestry students who were ALSO using the camp grounds (Camp Filibert Roth, on the shores of Golden Lake near Iron River MI).
ttf_Michael Beck

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_Michael Beck »

I had a rather interesting time earning my Eagle. I had the fun time of planning two projects (but only did one). I originally had spent about a year planning a project to build a handicap ramp to the building I had scout meetings in. After I had the plans finished, the people stopped returning phone calls. So with three months until I turned 18, I started a new project. Ended up making picnic tables and some benches (how stereotypical...) for a local school. All of this in the middle of winter in my garage. Not the most fun experience, but looking back it was totally worth it.
ttf_grock

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_grock »

Eagle Scout w/ two silver palms.  Vigil Honor Member of The Order of the Arrow. Was  Chapter Chief 1980-81, Lodge Chief 1981-82. NESA class of '79. Charter member of "Presidents Chapter" of NESA.
Yep, I was a real Scout Geek...lol
ttf_djdekok

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_djdekok »

Quote from: john sandhagen on Feb 16, 2009, 03:06PMI was second class...barely...just enough to be allowed on the canoe trips.

My son (14) just got his Life and just has a couple of merit badges and a project to get Eagle.  He frequently reminds me of my rank...I remind him that he pays no rent...yet.

I would hope that people choose an Eagle project that has a sincere and lasting value...but I understand that at 17 and 11/12s ANY project starts to look good.

We just got back from a trip to Joshua Natl park.  They boys kept finding big horn sheep dropping...which tells you they may have been higher up in the rock than I was comfortable with Image

Summer of '01 we are going to Philmont.  Our troop has been very fortunate, 04, 06, 08 also...I have to figure out how to go 12 days without a beer and hike 100 miles in flip flops...

hey if Jesus could do it... Image
ttf_anonymous

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_anonymous »

You know what Michael Moore, Donald Rumsfeld and Winton Marcalis have in common? They were all Eagle Scouts.

I was never a boy scout. I was more interested in my personal endeavours than to join any group. However, I have to ask - what is an "Eagle Palm" rank? I saw it on the poll.
ttf_bachbone

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_bachbone »

There are required merit badges and "elective" Merritt badges required for Eagle.

To get an Eagle Palm, you have to do 5 more Merit badges above Eagle.  There are only 3 palms.  Bronz, Gold, Silver, but if you overachieve, you can get two of the same ones.
ttf_djdekok

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_djdekok »

Quote from: djdekok on Feb 15, 2009, 06:18AMmy 13-year old is First Class and will hit Star some time this summer.  His old man only made 2nd class but went to Philmont anyway... Image

My radlib brother made Star but quit soon after--it wasn't cool to be with the "little kids".  Now for him it isn't PC...

UPDATE: My son made Eagle in 2013, and is in his Junior Year at Indiana University of PA.
ttf_gregs70

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Cub Scout, Webelos, Boy Scout through Life rank. OA Brotherhood.  Joined a fire department Explorer post, spent my time there and so didn't get Eagle.  I use something I learned in Scouting every day.  Funny story - on a college retreat the engineering students tried for half an hour to get the fireplace going.  Went through a pile of matches, some paper - no luck.  Me, the liberal arts/music major, got a roaring fire going in five minutes with one match.   Image
ttf_largobone

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_largobone »

I'm currently a Life Scout, hoping to get my Eagle by the end of this summer. All that's left to go is a project and just a few merit badges still. Cit World, Communication, Personal fitness, and personal management I believe
ttf_Graham Martin

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

I remember my scouting days with a great deal of happy nostalgia. I was a Cub, an Air Scout and a Senior Scout. I was a Patrol Leader in the Scouts. I even influenced my Dad into becoming a Scout Master due to his wartime military experience as a Physical Training and Drill Instructor. However, I do not remember the ranks as outlined in this Poll being considered of great importance in Britain of the early 1950s. In fact, I do not even remember those ranks of Life, Eagle and Eagle Palms. The emphasis was more on social activities (camps, sport and outings), making friends, fun, community work and discipline. One would be mildly interested on how many badges a fellow Scout had on his sleeve but it was not a great guide to whether he was a good guy or not. I do remember that the highest award in the Senior Scouts was a Queen's or King's Scout but I can understand why the American Scouting Movement would not have that particular rank. Image

I certainly credit my time in the Boy Scouts with giving me the confidence and organizational experience to tackle a wide variety of different jobs and management positions in later adult life.

I am not so sure in today’s Britain that the Scouting Movement has the same drawing power as it did in my day. I am also not sure what I think about ‘The Boy Scouts Association’ now being ‘The Scouts Association’ with girls making up 25% of participants. Image

ttf_discus nerd

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_discus nerd »

Eagle 1972 One of the best things I ever did. Highly recommended.
ttf_slide advantage

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_slide advantage »

Loved cub scouts.

But the local boy scout troop I was in was very dysfunctional to say the least. Very little if any adult supervision. I hated it.
ttf_MikeBMiller

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_MikeBMiller »

I was a 3 year Tenderfoot. Lost interest in Scouts about the time I started playing trombone in 7th grade.  And my dad died about the same time, so I didn't really have anyone to push me to go further. But I was my troop's bugler for a while. I actually feel sorry for those folks that had to listen to me play bugle badly at all those meetings. My nephew got his Eagle a few years back. I think scouting is a great thing.
ttf_djdekok

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_djdekok »

Quote from: largobone on Apr 05, 2017, 07:44PMI'm currently a Life Scout, hoping to get my Eagle by the end of this summer. All that's left to go is a project and just a few merit badges still. Cit World, Communication, Personal fitness, and personal management I believe

ttf_djdekok

Boy Scout Ranks

Post by ttf_djdekok »

Quote from: largobone on Apr 05, 2017, 07:44PMI'm currently a Life Scout, hoping to get my Eagle by the end of this summer. All that's left to go is a project and just a few merit badges still. Cit World, Communication, Personal fitness, and personal management I believe

Return to “Polls”