Doug Elliot Shank Slipping

tromboneguy3

Doug Elliot Shank Slipping

Post by tromboneguy3 »

So, on my DE G+8 Shank, the threads keep slipping when any torque is applied, and I think they might have been stripped. Until I can buy another shank, I'm thinking of getting a rubber O-ring to temporarily fix it. Does anyone know what size I need to get or another solution?
BGuttman

Re: Doug Elliot Shank Slipping

Post by BGuttman »

Rub a candle on the threads. The wax should help prevent slipping. And remember not to test your strength putting on the shank.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

No... tell me both the cup and shank you have and I'll replace them. It's more likely the cup that has loose threads, not the shank. But it could be either or both.

Of course that's if you bought those parts from me. If it's second hand I don't know whether it might be subsequent damage out of my control.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Driswood

Post by Driswood »

Doug Elliott wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:19 pm No... tell me both the cup and shank you have and I'll replace them. It's more likely the cup that has loose threads, not the shank. But it could be either or both.

Of course that's if you bought those parts from me. If it's second hand I don't know whether it might be subsequent damage out of my control.
Another example of Doug’s excellent customer service.
Jerry Walker

Happily Retired :good:

1957 Conn 6H
Schilke 47B
1989 Yamaha YSL-684G
Bach 6 3/4C

Return to “Mouthpieces”