Trombone quartet and/or choir music with small group accompanyment wanted for next year.

DrTbone43

Trombone quartet and/or choir music with small group accompanyment wanted for next year.

Post by DrTbone43 »

Looking for resources to find Christmas arrangements for trombone choir and quartets for next year. Yes, starting early. Popular songs with jazz arrangements with piano, bass, and drums would be great. Classical would be great as well. Looking forward to hearing from you folks.
Thank you,
Ron Gibbs
Holland, Mi.
hyperbolica

Re: Trombone quartet and/or choir music with small group accompanyment wanted for next year.

Post by hyperbolica »

Frank Comstock arranged a nice set of tunes for quintet including Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Deck the Halls, Santa Claus is Coming To Town, O come All Ye Faithful, Jingle Bells, Silent Night, Let It Snow, it Came Upon a Midnight Clear, O Little Town of Bethlehem, We Wish you a Merry Christmas

Pederson wrote a set of quintets "Ten Christmas Carols for Trombone Quintet", and also did a set for 7 bones (Wenceslas and Silent Night)

There's a manuscript set by Bobby Scan out there, quartet, a little hard to read for those not accustomed to manuscript

Jay Nygaard did some quartets (Christmas Song, Good King W, Jingle Bells, Rudolf, Sleigh Ride, We Wish You,...)

Jeff Reynolds of course did quintets too many to type...

If you check Musescore you can find some Grinch/Grandma tunes, Christmas Bells, Very Merry Trombone Christmas, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Robert Elkjer of course has a lot of stuff, but you have to pick and choose which is going to work. I recommend buying a set from him with maybe 8 tunes and a couple will actually work out of that set.

Christopher Bill has some Christmas tunes on his site, but you gotta be warned with his stuff that some of it is just ridiculous, and some works. Pick and choose.

David Uber did a Christmas Carol Suite with some nice stuff.

Carol Jarvis did a nice arrangement of Let It Snow.

Just to get you started...
BGuttman

Re: Trombone quartet and/or choir music with small group accompanyment wanted for next year.

Post by BGuttman »

I used to use a set of books published by Kjos called "Christmas Time". There are 4 parts. 1st part is in "Bass Clef Solo" book. 3rd and 4th parts are available in bass clef. Only issue I had was the 2nd part was only available in transposed treble, so I needed a good tenor clef reader on that part.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
DrTbone43

Post by DrTbone43 »

Thank you Bruce. Will do some search on this.
Ron

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”