"Grimm" Waltz Duet in G Minor

IanDeterlingComposer

"Grimm" Waltz Duet in G Minor

Post by IanDeterlingComposer »

Hey everyone!

Here's a "Grimm" Duet for cello and bass trombone inspired by the Brothers Grimm.
Jonathan Warburton first approached me with the idea of commissioning a new chamber work for bass trombone in autumn of 2021. Shortly after talking with Mr. Warburton, I traveled to Germany for about two months. While staying in Kassel, I spent an afternoon at Grimmwelt Kassel, a museum dedicated to the fairytales and dictionary work of the Brothers Grimm. I grew up on Grimms' Fairy Tales, so I was fascinated and in awe of being able to look upon their handwritten letters, notes, belongings - even a silver box that was displaying Jacob Grimm’s teeth!
Originally for Cello (Part 1) and Bass Trombone (Part 2), I've adapted this duet for a variety of instrument combinations:
Part 1
- Alto Clarinet; Bass Clarinet; Bassoon; Tenor Saxophone; Baritone Saxophone; Horn in F; Bass Trombone; Tuba; Viola; Cello
Part 2
- Bass Clarinet; Contrabass Clarinet; Bassoon; Contrabassoon; Baritone Saxophone; Bass Trombone; Tuba; Cello; Contrabass

You can find the sheet music here: https://www.iandeterling.com/duet-in-g-minor
dukesboneman

Re: "Grimm" Waltz Duet in G Minor

Post by dukesboneman »

Beautiful piece.
IanDeterlingComposer

Re: "Grimm" Waltz Duet in G Minor

Post by IanDeterlingComposer »

dukesboneman wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:55 am Beautiful piece.
Thank you very much!

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”