Livestream - New Zealand Brass Band Championships - Next 3 days

Looking for opportunities?
davebb

Livestream - New Zealand Brass Band Championships - Next 3 days

Post by davebb »

Brassbanned will be streaming theNew Zealand Brass Band Champs over the weekend between now and Sunday (New Zealand time)

As well as brass bands, there are solo competitions going on at the moment, and the livestream is currently showing the euphonium event (which wasn't advertised).

Unfortunately the trombone solos won't be broadcast as they are in a different theatre, but there wil be 2 trombonists in the Champion of Champions event.

Livestream link: https://www.brassbanned.com/2018/07/07/ ... hips-2018/

Results will be posted here: www.brassbanz.org/results
Zandit75

Re: Livestream - New Zealand Brass Band Championships - Next 3 days

Post by Zandit75 »

Are there any Australian bands competing? I'm sure some of them would be looking for payback after one of the NZ bands took out this years Australian Championships.
davebb

Post by davebb »

Darebin is there. I'm not sure about others.
Brisbane Excelsior won in NZ last year but aren't there. Howard Taylor has been borrowed by Waitakere for the contest.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

I watched some of the Euph solos last night (the time schedule is pretty bad for us Yanks). Some very impressive playing. I'd hate to have to adjudicate a contest like that. The things that separate the top 3 or 4 are really trivial.

Sometimes I wish they could let those of us in Europe and America watch on time delay like they do the Olympics.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
davebb

Post by davebb »

If you click on the "backup link" you can rewind to the start of the event. Tim just said he will leave it up for a few hours so check when you wake up.

Return to “Gigs, Events, Jobs, & Vacancies”