Beware or be aware!

ttf_Stewbones43

Beware or be aware!

Post by ttf_Stewbones43 »

Here is a link to a trombone which is not what it says on the tin!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Henri-Selmer-Paris-Special-23-K-Modified-Bb-Tenor-Trombone-engraved-year-1934/232450373223?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I know that some of the details are wrong because I used to own this very trombone.
It is not a K modified; it is a Model 23 Special
It is not from 1934 but from early 1950s; I checked the serial number when I owned it
There is a considerable amount of plating loss on both the bell and the outer slide; nearer 49% not 99%
The bore is 12.37mm/0.487in not 15mm which is larger than a bass trombone bore

I past this information on to the seller but no changes have been made. It is a nice trombone but inaccurately represented. If you are interested, you need to know what you are buying.

Cheers

Stewbones
ttf_Euphanasia

Beware or be aware!

Post by ttf_Euphanasia »

Yes, but it looks so well taken care of.  Image

That seems to be a very overpriced horn.
ttf_Stewbones43

Beware or be aware!

Quote from: Euphanasia on Aug 24, 2017, 11:19AM
That seems to be a very overpriced horn.

I did mention to the seller that his price was optimistically high and that I had tried to sell the instrument for around £250 but after 3 years, I let it go for around £120 Image

Cheers

Stewbones
ttf_Blowero

Beware or be aware!

Post by ttf_Blowero »

Why does the plating only go halfway up the bell? It doesn't look like wear because there is an exact line where it ends.  Image
ttf_Stewbones43

Beware or be aware!

Quote from: Blowero on Aug 25, 2017, 01:23AMWhy does the plating only go halfway up the bell? It doesn't look like wear because there is an exact line where it ends.  Image

I wondered about this when I owned it and all I could think of was that someone had removed some of the bell plating for whatever reason. It might have been to tidy up a scruffy looking trombone? Image The slide was missing quite a lot of plsting also.

However, the trombone plays well!

Cheers

Stewbones
ttf_Stewbones43

Beware or be aware!

Quote from: Blowero on Aug 25, 2017, 01:23AMWhy does the plating only go halfway up the bell? It doesn't look like wear because there is an exact line where it ends.  Image

I wondered about this when I owned it and all I could think of was that someone had removed some of the bell plating for whatever reason. It might have been to tidy up a scruffy looking trombone? Image The slide was missing quite a lot of plsting also.

However, the trombone plays well!

Cheers

Stewbones

Return to “Found on the Net”