Another Potential Scam?

ttf_anonymous

Another Potential Scam?

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I recently came across a Glenn Cronkhite small tenor cordura bag on Ebay. The price including shipping was $120, so I thought, "cool, I'll use paypal and get a sweet bag for a sweet price." I recieved an email the next morning saying that the seller couldn't sell it to me at that price because shipping was $105. This seems to be another "too good to be true" ad. It's no longer up, but if it pops up again, I'd hate to see someone get scammed. Here's a picture of the original ad with the seller's name. Buyer potentially beware!
ttf_SilverBone

Another Potential Scam?

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Maybe it's really a Cronkrite (as stated) instead of a Cronkhite?
ttf_anonymous

Another Potential Scam?

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that! Really glad I went away from that...
ttf_BGuttman

Another Potential Scam?

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Where was this being shipped to?  I ran into a problem with a guy in Norway wanting a Doug Elliott backbore I was willing to send, but it turned out that it would cost $40 to ship it to Norway (and all I wanted for it was $40).

He's located on Long Island (NY) so it shouldn't be an arm and a leg to send it anywhere in the Lower 48.
ttf_anonymous

Another Potential Scam?

Post by ttf_anonymous »

It was being shipped to Montana. I've shipped cases that distance for less than $40...
ttf_hyperbolica

Another Potential Scam?

Post by ttf_hyperbolica »

I think there's a difference between dishonest and simply stupid. He sounds like the latter rather than the former.
ttf_hyperbolica

Another Potential Scam?

Post by ttf_hyperbolica »

I think there's a difference between dishonest and simply stupid. He sounds like the latter rather than the former.

Return to “Found on the Net”