Survey on how we perceive music

ttf_bonedude

Post by ttf_bonedude »

Hi all,

Inspired by Frank Rosolino's tragic death, I am conducting a survey for my graduate final thesis on how a musician's personal life or ideologies can affect how we perceive their music. This survey will take less than a minute and will provide me with some really valuable insight.

Please click on this link-->  http://goo.gl/forms/biKp1w7PHq

Thank you so much!!
ttf_HouBassTrombone

Post by ttf_HouBassTrombone »

It has taken me a very long time to be ignore what I know about Richard Wagner to allow me to listen to his music. As an undergrad I read a large amount of his writings and I could no longer separate that from his music. Now I can listen to it but I am still biased against him.
ttf_MrPillow

Post by ttf_MrPillow »

I always wonder when I see people posting surveys like this on forums and Facebook. Is this IRB approved?
ttf_bonedude

Post by ttf_bonedude »

Quote from: HouBassTrombone on Mar 06, 2016, 08:06PMIt has taken me a very long time to be ignore what I know about Richard Wagner to allow me to listen to his music. As an undergrad I read a large amount of his writings and I could no longer separate that from his music. Now I can listen to it but I am still biased against him.

Thanks HouBassTrombone!! I forgot about Wagner and his views. I know a lot of people that have felt the same way you did.
ttf_bonedude

Post by ttf_bonedude »

Quote from: HouBassTrombone on Mar 06, 2016, 08:06PMIt has taken me a very long time to be ignore what I know about Richard Wagner to allow me to listen to his music. As an undergrad I read a large amount of his writings and I could no longer separate that from his music. Now I can listen to it but I am still biased against him.

Thanks HouBassTrombone!! I forgot about Wagner and his views. I know a lot of people that have felt the same way you did.

Return to “Polls”