Stars Teach Music

ttf_Tim Boyer

Stars Teach Music

Post by ttf_Tim Boyer »

http://starsteachmusic.com/sts/index.php

I am extremely surprised that no one has posted this site before. 
Has any one here used it?

Online (pre-recorded) lessons that can be purchased from cats like:

Alex Iles
Andy Martin
Bill Reichenbach
Bob McChesney
Dick Nash
Nick Lane
Phil Teele
Reggie Watkins
Steve Turre

If I had a credit card I'd definitely check a couple of these out.  It seems the prices coincide with the length of the lessons (i.e. a 4:54 minute lesson of Steve Turre costs $4.97)

[Edited to make this topic "sticky" - RHM]
ttf_anonymous

Stars Teach Music

Post by ttf_anonymous »

That's different.....
How well does it work though?
As long as we don't see Paris Hilton on this site we're ok. Image
ttf_Tim Boyer

Stars Teach Music

Post by ttf_Tim Boyer »

Like I said, I haven't had the chance to use it yet.  But I would certainly love to hear someone's review of the site....
*cough* someone please check it out *cough*
ttf_ctingle

Stars Teach Music

Post by ttf_ctingle »

Quote from: Tim Boyer on May 07, 2007, 05:37PMLike I said, I haven't had the chance to use it yet.  But I would certainly love to hear someone's review of the site....
*cough* someone please check it out *cough*

I've bought quite a few of these clips, and I'm positive in general about the service.  The clips are usually on the short side, maybe 3-10 minutes, and the audio could be better in some cases.....but there are some goodies delivered by some great players.  My favs so far are those put together by Andy Martin - more lengthy, maybe more in depth than most, and probably getting to subjects away from the typical fundamentals talk, as valuable as this still is.

There is a preview on each, and they range as low as $3 bucks last I checked.  Take the plunge and see what you think.

Cheers,
ttf_LLCJ103

Stars Teach Music

Post by ttf_LLCJ103 »

Here's a good one as well. Mucony.com. You register first and then sign up for what ever class you are interested in. Some of the teachers are: Per Brevig, David Taylor, Stephen Norrell. I watched one class called Song and Wind. It cost me $5.00 I figured why not check it out?

Here is another one: trombonelessons.com Dr. Gibson teaches these classes. He is a very excellent teacher and musician.
ttf_LLCJ103

Stars Teach Music

Post by ttf_LLCJ103 »

Here's a good one as well. Mucony.com. You register first and then sign up for what ever class you are interested in. Some of the teachers are: Per Brevig, David Taylor, Stephen Norrell. I watched one class called Song and Wind. It cost me $5.00 I figured why not check it out?

Here is another one: trombonelessons.com Dr. Gibson teaches these classes. He is a very excellent teacher and musician.

Return to “Cool Web Sites”